SCAL3 iPad app

For your help and questions
Cmarchini

SCAL3 iPad app

Post by Cmarchini »

I just purchased the SCAL3 APP and there is very little info on the functions/features of it... I would like to find out how I cut from the app, I assume that my cutter will need to be plugged into my PC running SCAL (since there is no wireless on my cutter)... but I see no option for connecting the 2... I also didn't see a forum group specific to the APP (probably since it hasn't even been out a month yet).

Anyone have any luck with it?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sure-cu ... 68464?mt=8
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: SCAL3 iPad app

Post by sstehman »

Looks like it is for use with just the iPad. I haven't seen it yet, but maybe someone else that has given it a try and can report back.
Sandy in PA
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

It does say that you need to have the desktop version running on the same network, so I would assume that the file is sent from the iPad to your computer through wifi. Here is the exact wording from iTunes about it.
"Cutting from this app is limited to supported cutting machine models and requires the Desktop version of Sure Cuts A Lot 3 running on the same local network."

You may need to contact Craft Edge for clarification. http://www.craftedge.com/support/support_form.php
Cmarchini

Post by Cmarchini »

Yeah, I have SCAL3 on my laptop... It's just very vague.
papasue

Post by papasue »

My try. I got the app and since I am fortunate to have all the time I want to spend playing. It took some time to get familiar with the different tabs and icons but I was able to create this rhinestone design, using my stylus. I think a keyboard for iPad is in my future.
image.jpg
image.jpg (46.62 KiB) Viewed 9726 times
Then I had to learn how to do a screen grab and resize the photo on my ipad2. I did not sync with my computer as my main reason for wanting an iPad version was to be able to "play" when I am away from my computer and cutter.

I learned about as much about the iPad as I did the scal3 app :D All in all a. Good day!

Anyone else trying it? Let's share :lol:
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

yikes.... $9.99

It'll have to wait until I get some more free cash.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Still learning scal3 for iPad making a jack-o-lantern with basic shapes. Still cannot figure out how to import a jpg/png from web but will keep exploring options. Maybe when I sync with my computer I wii be able to get to my patterns and designs but for now designing is a good learning exercise.

anyone else have the app?
image.jpg
image.jpg (52.46 KiB) Viewed 9697 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

I wonder if this works with ECAL and if they are gearing up to release another Eclips.

I like the actual undo button, instead of finding it via edit and drop down menu.
California Gramma

Post by California Gramma »

I purchased the app for use on my IPad. I made a folder for SVGs in dropbox....... I can see that folder on both my iPad and my computer........ BUT i can't get the SVG to save to the folder in DropBox........ any help is appreciated ........ TIA
Agnes

Post by Agnes »

I have the app tried with cameo no joy at all came up with error then I tried with silver bullet it kept saying cutting but nothing happened on bullet no movement nothing any help please