Help cutting squares

For your help and questions
ajsmom

Help cutting squares

Post by ajsmom »

I did a search and couldn't find what I am needing to know, so hope it's not a repeat question. I am trying to cut several 100 - 1.5" squares. I know how to place my square and then repeat it across the page, but that leaves a space between each square, which will waste material with the number I am cutting. Is there a way to draw cut lines across and down so that the cutter cuts a grid then just peel each square. It would seem to save time and material, but I am not sure how to do it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Lisa
jrichards

Re: Help cutting squares

Post by jrichards »

First, you should know that you can change the distance between the shapes that you repeat right on the "Duplicate" Screen, Those values can be changed to whatever you need. Second, under text in the little side bar is a picture that looks like the point of a fountain pen. That is your drawing tool. You can use it to draw your straight lines, then look at "Appearance" on the "Properties" Menu and you will find line style. If you want it to be a dotted line you can change it, if you just want it to be a solid cut line then leave it alone. To get out of the "draw" program just go back up to the side bar and click on the top arrow. Hope this helps.
Jan
ajsmom

Post by ajsmom »

Thank you so much for the reply...I've had my machine for a year or so, but have never tried to cut something like this. I did try the little pen looking thing, but it didn't let me draw a straight line then end it. It kept putting a curved line down to the next row or column. I know I'm showing my ignorance here, but how do you make it draw a straight line all the way across then stop, so you can go back and draw another straight line?

I'm thinking it could be easier to change the distance between my auto fills. Do you know if you can make the distance 0? That would accomplish what I am hoping to do.

Thanks again for your reply!

Lisa
ajsmom

Post by ajsmom »

Another question...How would one change the distance between the objects in auto fill? Can it be set for the whole page, or do you have to move each object individually?

Thank You!
Lisa
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, I think you might l like the feature duplicate instead of page fill. There is a video that shows how to make a border but you could just use your squares and have as many rows and columns and you need….and changes the space between. I think you will like it.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32617

Here is a post doing what you want to do just using a mustache instead of a square.

search.php?keywords=duplicate&terms=all ... mit=Search

If you have more questions about duplicate you can search th forum for more comments.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
ajsmom

Post by ajsmom »

Thank you! I will check that out now.

Lisa
ajsmom

Post by ajsmom »

I tried it! I haven't cut it yet, but it looks just like I wanted. Thank you again!!!

Lisa
ajsmom

Post by ajsmom »

http://indul.ccio.co/Z8/U/fD/4433935257 ... ERHgwc.jpg

This is what I need the squares for. Thought you might want to see.

Lisa
papasue

Post by papasue »

ajsmom wrote:I tried it! I haven't cut it yet, but it looks just like I wanted. Thank you again!!!

Lisa
Tks for letting me know it works. Saw the pic of the project...looks great!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.