Upgrade to scal 3

For your help and questions
Jill

Upgrade to scal 3

Post by Jill »

I have a cricut that I use scal2 on before it was no longer offered compatible with the cricut machines. I got a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas. I am still unfamiliar with it but hear great reviews. However, I find it is harder to work with than the Cricut. I realize it will do many more things. I have had problems converting my scal files to silhouette files. Is it possible??? If so, can you point me in the direction of a good tutorial? Also, I see where I can upgrade to Scal 3. Should I? What are the benefits of 3 and are there any negatives in doing so??
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Upgrade to scal 3

Post by mitsim »

If you get the update from SCAL2 to SCAL3, it will NOT prevent you from continuing to use SCAL2. They will install in separate folders, so you could use either one. And, it's a free upgrade.
SCAL3 will enable you to open all of your svg files on your Cameo. So, it's a great idea to have it. Cameo has their own Designer Edition software that lets you open svg files as well. But, there's really no reason to have both. Especially is you're familiar with SCAL.
Good luck! If you have any other questions, ask away. There are lots of helpful people here.