Vinyl types

For your help and questions
Jennifer

Vinyl types

Post by Jennifer »

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone out there uses Oracle 631? I saw something on overstock.com and its a good deal. There are no reviews on it. Let me know! Thank you. Jennifer
pastda3

Re: Vinyl types

Post by pastda3 »

I don't use a lot of vinyl, but maybe someone else will chime in soon. Here's some info I found just using Google. I think it's used a lot for indoor use and on walls, but I have used it outdoors and on some tumblers and it has held up well. I hand-wash the tumblers.

http://www.expressionsvinyl.com/631.html
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Oracle 631 is for indoor use and can be used on walls. It is to be removable and I believe has a matte finish. I haven't used it as I don't like to put anything directly on my walls, however, it is to be good quality.

If you want to use vinyl for outside and permanent, you want Oracle 651.

Here is a link that talanhart posted in another topic on Oracle 631.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40150
Sandy in PA
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I have heard that some people use 631 outside as well. It's just not rated as long as 651 (I think 651 is rated at 5-6 years, and 631 is rated at 2-3 years). But, as said above, 631 is mostly used for indoor use as it is more readily removable. I've never used it; just use the 651 so far.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Thanks sooooo much for all your input on the different types of vinyl. I understand more. Maybe I will buy a little of each. Jennifer
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

If you have a sign shop in your town, Call and ask them if they will sell you some of their scraps. I get scraps for free from a sign shop and maybe you will get lucky as well and they will give them to you.
Todd
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

I actually do have 2 sign shops by my house. I never thought to check that out. Thank you for the suggestion. Jennifer