Chipboard Cutting Mats

For your help and questions
firstcut

Re: Chipboard Cutting Mats

Post by firstcut »

Well Tingha, you'd have to put your Cricut on a VERY BIG table :), but it is theoretically possible.
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

gee I had to laugh, so heres something for Todd make longer mats to sell and make it cut longer in SCAL
:D
back to chipboard if you only tape the sides what stops the cut out lifting as it cuts? I fine my already cut shapes start to move off from time to time :o
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Taping down on a "naked mat" is OK for engraving when you don't cut all the way through and for when you are cutting something like tape that is already sticky on one side. Otherwise, yeah, you have to put adhesive on it.
swirliepants

Post by swirliepants »

another silly question :)

what is a baby bug? People are talking about that and I wonder if that is what the personal cutter is called. I was thinking of investing in an Expressins but haven't yet since mine has managed most of what I need and now with new mat dimensions !!
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

swirliepants wrote:another silly question :)

what is a baby bug? People are talking about that and I wonder if that is what the personal cutter is called. I was thinking of investing in an Expressins but haven't yet since mine has managed most of what I need and now with new mat dimensions !!
There are three bugs: "baby bug", Expression, Cricut Create. The baby bug is the smaller machine and was the original "bug". It cuts up to 6" wide and is older than the Cricut Create (which I think also cuts up to 6" wide. I think the baby bug is also known as the personal cutter.
swirliepants

Post by swirliepants »

firstcut I have looked all over the place for the cutting boards. Are you talking about ones that are in the kitchen area or craft area? I have been looking in the craft section, but this morning thought you might be talking about the kitchen cutting boards. If you could point me in the right direction I woud Love it

Thanks!
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

They are in the kitchen area. I just bought some this week, but haven't had time to spray them yet. :lol:
swirliepants

Post by swirliepants »

too bad it took me weeks to figure this out! I am such a dunce!!! :oops:

Off to check Walmart in the CORRECT section this time
pated43

Post by pated43 »

Maybe with those kitchen cutting mats you can use the glue in this utube video to make them sticky. Should work. I think my mats work better than before using that glue.
Judy

Episode 68- Making your Cricut mat sticky again : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90hArOVBiOY
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

LOL, duh, yeah I should have specified kitchen cutting boards. PC would have a fit if WMart put these in the craft section because then everyone would be quick to catch the idea of a replacement mat for pennies on the dollar. There is something in the quilting section that will work, too, but I'm not sure if Wmart carries it. It is called "extra thick template plastic." It goes for $2.95 for a 12 x 18 sheet at Js, etc. and looks to be the same thing.
Also, I rough up the outside edges on the homemeade mats slightly with sandpaper so that it doesn't slip on the rollers.