Chipboard Cutting Mats

For your help and questions
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Chipboard Cutting Mats

Post by HeatherM »

I just cut a true 12" border using my baby bug! :D :!: :D IT WORKS! :lol:
I used the kitchen cutting mats from Wal-mart. I cut them to size, used an extra fine point sharpie to draw the boundaries, taped off the edges, and sprayed them with Krylon Easy Tack. The starting point seems a little off, but if it's consistent, I will be able to adjust for that. :lol:
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Heather,
Congratulations! I assume you used SCAL set to 12 x 24 mat, correct? If so, what half of the SCAL on-screen mat does the design go on?
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Yes, I set the mat to 12x24 in SCAL. It cuts from the upper left on the virtual mat. I imported my file and left it in the upper left corner. Other than the slight error in the starting point, it worked like a charm.
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Talanhart,

you are so mart! thank you for sharing this trick!

soraya
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10
FranklynGrari

Post by FranklynGrari »

What kind of cutter are you guys using? Would you recommend it?

Sorry for being off topic.

I'm in the market for a vinyl cutter and I sure could use some help. Where did you get started? Because there are a number to choose from. At the moment I don't want to shell out a lot of money so I was looking at desktop vinyl cutters. I've got tired of all the hype reviews that were on the net. And finally managed to find one that seems legit. On this website I've found a review that was critical. It actually showed the flaws of each machines. What do you think which one would be better.

Any help is appreciated
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I wouldn't buy either one of those! Too much plastic... not enough precision, especially in contour cutting a full sheet of small shapes. I own a Skycut C16 and D24 and they are amazing cutters! Much faster than any of the Cricuts and Silhouettes and incredibly fast in contour cutting (aka print and cut) applications. There's no drift across a full sheet of cuts which I see in reports of the inexpensive cutters.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/