SCAL 3 ver 3.056 problem with USCutter SC

For your help and questions
Pepsicola17

SCAL 3 ver 3.056 problem with USCutter SC

Post by Pepsicola17 »

After updating the version to 3.056, my cutter started to skip cutting some details and started cutting across some parts of the design. I would like to know if this is an update error or is there a way I can get a previous version? Because as of right now, I have to cut the design twice to fix the missing part of each other.

Thank you.
papasue

Re: SCAL 3 ver 3.056 problem with USCutter SC

Post by papasue »

Hi, you need to contact craftedge support directly, there is a form in the support section.

In the meantime you could try to reinstall.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
qtipbailey

Post by qtipbailey »

I just started having the same problem with SCAL 3.056 and an SC series cutter. I suppose I'll contact CraftEdge support directly as well, as papasue said to do. However, if this is indeed a problem with the 3.056 update, it'd be nice for that to be answered here publicly so that others might find the answer directly without going through tech support.
qtipbailey

Post by qtipbailey »

Update: I've been keeping the older versions when I download updates. I reverted to v3.055 and the problem remained: approximately 1 out of 2 cut jobs had the error. I reverted again to the next older version I have which is v3.051. So far, about 7 or 8 test cuts have had 0 errors. I see there is now a version 3.056c. I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet. I think I'll try a few more cuts on v3.051 just to be sure it's working correctly. Then maybe I'll try 3.056c and see if the problem returns or if they corrected the problem with the "c" update. I also submitted a support form so maybe they'll tell me if they might have fixed it.
Last edited by qtipbailey on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qtipbailey

Post by qtipbailey »

More update: I am in email communication with support. They requested one of my .scut3 files to test themselves, which I sent them. 10+ cuts with version 3.051 have been 100% error free. I then tried the newest version that support said I could try, v3.056e. Very first cut messed up. I'm reverting back to 3.051 again and waiting to see what support comes up with on the issue. They got back to me very quickly; very nice.
BigDude
Location: North Carolina, SCAL-3; Windows 7-32 bit; CorelDraw 6x; Corel PhotoPaint 6x; InkScape 0.48.4 r9939

Post by BigDude »

I had a problem with the 3.056 version not communicating with my cutter and worked with support to get that problem resolved...that's why there is a version 3.056c! I have had no problems with SCAL support folks responding and working to get issues resolved ASAP. Be patient with them and give them time to find the errors and get a fix prepared. I have NEVER received such quick and courteous help from a support desk before! :P
-DON-
http://www.TeesAndBeyond.com
Custom Garment Printing
qtipbailey

Post by qtipbailey »

Indeed, they've been working hard and got on the problem quickly. I've got them up to 3.056h now. I'll be trying it soon, after I finish my day's production work. It's like some data, nodes or "anchor points" or whatever, is getting lost. If you imagine a connect-the-dots it's like jumping from dot 17 straight to 21. I will post test results of 3.056h in a little while.

To the OP, are you still having problems too?
Jax

Post by Jax »

Does anyone have what the updates are for 3.056? I looked on craftedge site under downloads and nothing is listed past 3.053. Wanted to know if I should updated from my latest 3.054 but wanted to make sure there is a list of what the fixes are.
If you aren't learning something new everyday you might as well just lie in a grave and wait for death.
busterbay

Post by busterbay »

Version 3.056h doesn't work with the SC cutter either.

I reverted back to version 3.053c

I also noticed 3.053c will NOT open files made with version 3.056h
busterbay

Post by busterbay »

Does anyone have any information if there is a fix for this ?
The folks that had the same issues what did you do to fix them ?