Silhouette Cameo

For your help and questions
wvcathy

Silhouette Cameo

Post by wvcathy »

Hi - Just wondering on opinions of Silhouette Cameo ? My BFF's husband called & wants input for Christmas gift - I know she wants to beable to use SCAL 3 - & it must be reasonably priced. So any input / suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Cathy
sandyj

Re: Silhouette Cameo

Post by sandyj »

The cameo is an excellent machine. It is best for anyone who likes to do print and cut, uses paper not much thicker than 65 lbs and likes to cut vinyl. You can cut vinyl without a mat on a silhouette. Right now, Silhouette America is having a great sale, as are other places. Also, if you don't have a wide format printer, the portrait is a great machine (the cameo, just narrower). The silhouette is one of the more reasonably priced machine and is very accurate, its only drawback is it doesn't have a lot of 'oomph' (it doesn't have a lot of cutting pressure, hence the 65 lb comment). But every machine has it's pluses and minuses, the cameo/portrait has mostly pluses.

I use scal 3 with it, or the silhouette software - again, both have their pluses an minuses. Silhouette has also just come out with Silhouette Connect with allows you to cut directly from Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw.
wvcathy

Re: Silhouette Cameo

Post by wvcathy »

Thanks for the input - really appreciate it....

Regards,

Cathy