Still able to sell SCAL 2?

For your help and questions
TOASTER

Still able to sell SCAL 2?

Post by TOASTER »

A friend of mine just told me her friend recently bought SCAL 2. I know it isn't supposed to be sold since the lawsuit but people are still selling it. I just saw it on Amazon for $34.99! She hasn't used it yet but I'm thinking she won't be able to get it to work since she has to register it. I've read here that people have had trouble getting it to work since they bought it after the lawsuit (and frankly, I hope hers doesn't work). What is going on?
Last edited by TOASTER on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10
papasue

Re: Still able to sell SCAL 2?

Post by papasue »

Toaster, nice to see you back! I m pretty sure the rule has not changed about scal2. You can't resell your license to the software. Sorry your friend got scammed!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Nope, no legal copies available. Legit sellers had to stop selling SCAL2 a couple of years ago, and the license for any version of SCAL isn't transferable. I'm sure that most people don't realize that they can't sell their copy of SCAL2, and then there are always hackers that know that what they are doing is stealing and do it anyway. Unfortunately the honest people that are buying in good faith are the ones to pay.
TOASTER

Post by TOASTER »

Thanks for the info. That is what I thought. I am interested to see if she is able to get it to work. I have read that if it cuts at all it cuts in trial mode only. I am so glad I purchased mine before the lawsuit because I love it. I am waiting for my Cricut to die so I can get a Cameo and use SCAL3.
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10