Custom Preset saving problem

For your help and questions
Jax

Custom Preset saving problem

Post by Jax »

Did a search but did not find this issue I"m experienceing. I have a Silhouette and the presets are loaded but I have some custom ones. I go and hit the + and add my custom preset and it looks like it saves it but when I go back to look for it after exiting the application it's gone. Anyone else having this issue?
If you aren't learning something new everyday you might as well just lie in a grave and wait for death.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Custom Preset saving problem

Post by HeatherM »

Yep, I've had that same issue with eCAL for the last several updates. Really would like this fixed since I have templates that I created when you could use custom settings.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I guess that you and I are the only two that use this feature and are having problems with it. I would really like this fixed so that I can update my program without losing an additional half inch off of my cutting area in addition to the regular printer margins. :(
DLThompson06

Post by DLThompson06 »

I was wondering if you had ever found a solution to this problem. I've had the same issue myself. I use SCAL on a Mac with a Silver Bullet. I noticed that in the Mac version history under 3.031, it lists "Fixed a problem with custom presets not saving for Silver Bullet". Clearly that's not the case, because I currently have 3.053. Along with this problem, I also can't save line styles. I use a dashed line a lot, but I adjust it so that the gaps are bigger. Every time I open up the program, the line styles I created are gone, and not only that, but when I open up a file that was saved with those custom line styles, the lines show up as solid instead (presumably the default since the saved line styles are no longer there). This is such a pain to recreate the line style and then apply it to the lines in my files, knowing that I'm going to have to do it again the next time I open up the program. And that's when I remember to do it. It really stinks to be cutting something and then realize after the cut that the lines were solid instead of dashed. I've wasted a lot of material over this issue. I really do wish it would be addressed.