A2/A7 envelopes and liners

For your help and questions
laxmom

A2/A7 envelopes and liners

Post by laxmom »

I am hoping someone can help me. I purchased off of Etsy a A2 envelope and 10 decorative liners svg file. Unfortunately, when the file is imported it only makes an envelope the size of 3 1/4 x 4 something. I tried adjusting all the proportions, but never did get it to the right size for an A2 envelope. I contacted seller and she gave me some dimensions that then made the envelope too big. Needless to say I can't even get the liners to fit proportionately. Unfortunately communication seems to have ceased and I am left holding the bag. Would someone be willing to try their hand at both an A2/A7 envelopes both sizes with square and rounded flaps with appropriately fitted liners? I would be willing to make a donation for their time and efforts. I need for moving announcements and the A7 for graduation/baby shower invites. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use the program SCAL.
dragonlord666

Re: A2/A7 envelopes and liners

Post by dragonlord666 »

If you wish to send me the file, I can try to resize it for you.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
laxmom

Post by laxmom »

That would be wonderful. Where do I send file to? I have never done this before so I might need a little direction on how to proceed.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

HI,
you can email it to dragonlord666 at gmail dot com

if you can put A2/A7 envelope or something in the subject line hopefully the spam filter won't grab it then :)

I think you can send them via the PM (Private Message) thing but.....

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
laxmom

Post by laxmom »

Thanks. I have forwarded files to you.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

OK I'll have a look but just want to check A2?
that is massive (25 X 18 inches)

A7 is 4X 3 inches

Gaz
laxmom

Post by laxmom »

A A2 envelope should be a finished size of 4 3/8 x 5 3/4. A A7 envelope has a finsihed size of 5 1/4 x 7 1/4. Is that too big to cut on the cricut?
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

I've just realised your in the US.

US and UK sizes must differ a lot as an envelope size say C4 takes a sheet of that paper unfolded, so A4 unfolded.
in the UK, the envelope size is denoted by a C where paper is A - it's easy to match up as A4 paper will go into an C4 envelope unfolded. DL is the odd one out as that is A4 folded into 3.
A5 is A4 folded in half - so you would use a C5 envelope.

So I shall figure this out and be in touch.

Gaz
Tam

Post by Tam »

A2 size for the US is you start with an 8.5x8.5 square. And for your liner just make it a 1/4" smaller and it should slide right in.
Tam
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

the liners are a nightmare. I don't use them just use a nice light paper (like lining paper) for my envelopes so never need to line them but this file has 12 - OK some are fancy edged and I get that but 6 A2fullliner, A2oneMM up to A2fiveMM that I really have little idea what they are for as frankly the full liner would be sufficient.

anyway I think I've managed to do the envelope, just need to dig out some paper to test it on :)

Gaz