Hello and Hello Kitty

For your help and questions
melausten

Hello and Hello Kitty

Post by melausten »

Hello there! I wanted to introduce myself since I've been lurking on your board since I got my Cricut and SCAL just a couple of weeks ago. My name is Mel and I'm from Canada. Not a scrapbooker, just a maker-of-many-things. I actually got the Cricut because of SCAL. Never would have purchased one if I'd been restricted to cartridges. But when I saw someone's photo of a cut they had done with the Hello Kitty cartridge, I knew I had to have a Hello Kitty for my daughter's valentine card. Did I need the cartridge? No way! Quick google search, some work in Inkscape and over to SCAL, and here it is! I'm so excited about how easy it is to create and cut whatever you want! Thanks for having me on your board!

Mel
Attachments
Hello Kitty.jpg
Hello Kitty.jpg (222.29 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
suziscrapper

Re: Hello and Hello Kitty

Post by suziscrapper »

Welcome, this is a great group! Nice work on the Kitty!
BJN

Post by BJN »

Nice work and thanks for sharing.. I have made only 1 Hello Kitty using the mellow font.. I do have 3 grand daughters so I may use it again some time. I agree with you.. using SCAL is the greatest because it gives you so many options. There are so many sharing people on the board.. :D
Funkay Monkay Mamma

Post by Funkay Monkay Mamma »

very cute!
Isn't SCAL the greatest!! :P
kaymommy

Post by kaymommy »

Welcome!

That's too funny - about a week ago I did this exact same Hello Kitty design in Inkscape/SCAL myself! Love it!
swirliepants

Post by swirliepants »

small world Mel. I too am Mel (Melanie) and I have been lurking here as well. I haven't had the nerve to use inkscape yet though...I loaded it and am so scared. I love your Hello Kitty! Oh and I have never done scrapbooking, but I make stuff...lots of stuff but seeing everyone's projects makes me thin I should be preserving my pics
stargazer20

Post by stargazer20 »

Be aware the if you start scrapbooking, it could turn into an obsession where you don't actually scrap but buy the supplies.. haha that is what happened to me... I started scrapping 4 years ago... and I have so many things piling up and haven't really scrapped enough to call myself a scrapper!
Jodi
hope9811

Post by hope9811 »

Hi. Can you tell me where you found the hello kitty that you made? She's adorable!

Thanks!
karriesmith

Post by karriesmith »

OMG that Helo Kitty is awesome.....

I just got SCAL today so it will take me a year or so to beable to do a design like that...lol

Great job!!!!

Would anybody mind sharing there file?
no_hiking

Post by no_hiking »

I can see now that I am really going to have to get inkscape. I figured I would just buy the carts for the characters but if it is that easy than I might give it a try.
no_hiking