Question regarding Print and Cut

For your help and questions
dearwendy714

Question regarding Print and Cut

Post by dearwendy714 »

Hi my name is Wendy. This is all very new to me. I am wanting to cut and print an image but I notice when I preview it only shows 3 registration marks, instead of 4. I don't know if that is okay? I just want to double check because I don't want to waste ink and paper. I have the latest SCAL 3 software and my cutter is a Black Cat machine. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
dragonlord666

Re: Question regarding Print and Cut

Post by dragonlord666 »

3 is normal for the BC range (also the bullet range too)

I placed a shape on the mat to get the reg marks.
Screen shot 2013-03-31 at 16.30.33.png
Screen shot 2013-03-31 at 16.30.33.png (44.72 KiB) Viewed 4708 times
Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
papasue

Post by papasue »

HeatherM has a tutorial for Print 2 Cut on her Blog for eCAL but SCAL3 is pretty much the same.

http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/2 ... ed-images/

I know there are some for SCAL3 so I'll look around or someone will show up after the Holiday with more.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
dearwendy714

Post by dearwendy714 »

I really appreciate your help it really means a lot to me. This is very new to me. I am having a tough time getting this concept. I think you are right its three registration mark. I get confused on that once I import an SVG image do I change the mat size setting to the printer paper size 8.5 by 11 and then change back to my mat size 16 by 12?? I'm just at the point where I just want to cut and print something. I've been trying to figure it out the last two days. HeatherM I think you were kinda explaining that but to me its very new. Is there a video on showing that tutorial. Again, thanks you all for helping and have a happy holiday :)
Thanks
Wendy
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

Wendy, go to Pandora's youtube channel -she has some excellent videos inc some on print & cut.

https://www.youtube.com/user/newbiecrafter

some of them refer to the bullets but the info is basically the same :)

what I do is have the mat at the size of my media and ignore the actual physical mat size.

are you a member of the either/both the blackcat forums?
who did you buy your machine from?

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
dearwendy714

Post by dearwendy714 »

Thanks for the tip Gaz. I am a member of the blackcat forum. I have gotten help from them but still having trouble figuring it out. I bought my machine through Nikki Baker. I think its even more difficult because this is my first cutting machine and I'm amaze how advance these machines are. My friend has a Cricut and this machine is in no way close to a cutter machine like hers. I've been trying to find support some locally from Southern California area around Orange County but no luck!
Wendy
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

the cougars and the silver bullets are professional machines. they do have a steep learning curve but once you master that they are quite easy to work.

truth be told, your dealer should be able to offer all the help you'd need via their website or forum but asking questions here will help as most of the operation of the software is the same regardless of the cutter, it's only a few things that are for a certain machine.

Gaz
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Here is another one you might want to look at. I think it is quite good. Again, it is for eCAL, but SCAL/eCAL and pretty much the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt1jiF0DN3Q
Sandy in PA
cmsmith64

Post by cmsmith64 »

I have SCAL3 and a Silhouette Cameo and have attempted print and cut once or twice and does not work...cuts way off. I have old instructions for when I was using the Cricut and it seem to work than, but the mat on SCAL3 shows Silhouette and when you click on scissors it does show the pnc in corner but there is absolutely no help or instructions regarding how to set up a PnC etc. No videos since the old way of placing image on mat, etc. So...if there is newer instructions or videos out there could you direct me to them. I end up using my Silhouette Studio Design Edition for ALL PnC work...and it works GREAT. But would like to try PnC in SCAL3. Thank you.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

in Scal3, when I do PnC on the Cameo, I set the mat to the size of my media - I ignore that the actual mat is 12X12, if I'm cutting on A4 then the machine thinks my mat is 8.2 X 11.6 inches (210mm X 297mm/21cm X 29.7cm) I place the items to be cut on the mat and check that nothing is outside the reg marks by using preview.
I then click cut and then use the printandcut button, I then just follow the instructions and the machine trundles along and finds the reg marks automatically (even on pearl card but I know some have a problem reading this as the shine on pearl card can mean it can't detect them)

Gaz