Need help please - Loop Border

For your help and questions
wvcathy

Need help please - Loop Border

Post by wvcathy »

Hope I can put this in a way you will be able to understand what I am trying to do....

Ok if you see the Loopy Border - I guess it would be the negative portion that I need to use as a stencil - need to paint the actual loops onto a handkerchief scarf - my 5 YO granddaughter wants to be Izzy from Jake and the Neverland pirates for Halloween - I just can't seem to get it right in my head on how to accomplish this

Thanks in advance,
Cathy
jrichards

Re: Need help please - Loop Border

Post by jrichards »

OK so do you mean you need the half circles? That is what the negative portion would look like.
Jan
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

Hope I can upload this picture right and thanks for helping

Regards,
Cathy
Izzy hat.jpg
Izzy hat.jpg (33.17 KiB) Viewed 3772 times
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

There are lots of new fabric paints out there. I think I would buy one with a small tip and just do it by hand. -She won't notice if it isn't perfect! I have to keep reminding myself, "It is just a...Halloween costume, birthday card, etc!" Whatever you do will be just fine!
Jan
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

What color are you going to paint? It would probably be easier to cut this in Heat transfer vinyl and just iron it on the material. I have tons of White HTV and I will send you a piece if you want to try it out. It is really easy to use with an iron and a piece of parchment paper.
Todd
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

She told me it is suppose to be white loops - is this something I can buy - I don't recall ever see it before - we have a Joann's and a Michaels around out area

Thanks,
Cathy
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

I'd just use some fabric paint--it would be so much easier than anything else. Just squeeze it on and let it dry thoroughly.