Please help me create a glass block like this one...

For your help and questions
sassychic

Please help me create a glass block like this one...

Post by sassychic »

I am using SCAL 2. I have added my background and have two layers of the letter "C" (in order to create the outline of the letter, like in the photo). Do I weld the outside layer of the letter to the background, and then add the inner layer of the letter? When I preview my project - I can't tell what the final outcome is going to be. Thanks so much for your help!

I would love to credit to the person who made this, but I found it on Pinterest and have been unable to locate the creator.
Attachments
Glass Block.jpg
Glass Block.jpg (48.22 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
gj1

Re: Please help me create a glass block like this one...

Post by gj1 »

Take your outside shadow W, and the inside one, and put a box around both or go to Object and Select all...then, go to Path at the top, and Back minus Front, or the other way around...Front minus Back...depending on the layer positions.

Then if there is nothing else you need to do to your background...I don't know what it looks like...but, just overlap that with the new W, Object and Select All, and then go to Path and Union.

I hope this will work for you. Show your finished project, please. Looks like it will be nice.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Here is the blog post of the glass block monogram. The designer has some instructions for "how to"

http://findingtimetocreate.blogspot.com ... orial.html
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sassychic

Post by sassychic »

Thank you both so much! I will give it a try this weekend and see what I get. I'll be sure and let you know how it goes.
Melanie