Help with eps design

For your help and questions
tiffanyh

Help with eps design

Post by tiffanyh »

Can someone tell me how I can change this eps file to a svg file? I have tried thru inkscape and tried tracing in SCAL 2 and cannot get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Pressure Washing.eps
(284.92 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
papasue

Re: Help with eps design

Post by papasue »

Tiffany, I can trace it in Inkscape and in scal2 but it needs some work. Can you tell us what you want to do with it? Cut the pieces out, print2cut, etc. This makes a difference on what I need to do for you.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
tiffanyh

Post by tiffanyh »

He is actually wanting me to cut them to have stickers to go on his equipment and things like that. I have tried numerous times in inkscape and scal 2 and cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. I appreciate all your help! :)
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I just looked at this file in Illustrator and it uses some fonts that I do not have on my computer, so I'm afraid I can't save this as an SVG file for you.
Todd
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, with all the shading and different fonts I don't think you would be happy with the print results, as Talan says.

I took a different approach.

*I converted the eps to a png and sized it to 150dpi to get all of the shading etc.
*I used "Place image" to put it on my mat so it places at about 6x4". You will resize it to what you need for the stickers.
*I made a rectangle around the image centering it.
*Then I used duplicate to put 2 across and 3 down on the mat as I was using letter size paper, so the print paper determines how many. Go to your p2c menu print to cut. the placed image. By default will print the image and the rectangles will be cut

So depending on how good you and your cutter communicate you can do print to cut on sticker paper.

Alternately is to duplicate without the individual rectangles and make one rectangle with vertical cut lines between the placed images. see lower image.

If I totally confused you I'm sorry so ask any questions you have I'll be around.

pressurestickers.png
pressurestickers.png (151.16 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
OR just duplicate a page full, print, make tic marks for where you want to cut and use manual paper cutter to cut them :) Just depends on how you like to work.

I've attached my png file for you to download and play with
I
Attachments
Pressure%20Wash.png
Pressure%20Wash.png (103 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Snijderke

Post by Snijderke »

tiffanyh wrote:Can someone tell me how I can change this eps file to a svg file? I have tried thru inkscape and tried tracing in SCAL 2 and cannot get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I opened your file in Photoshop PS6 . Then I saved it to PSD-format; Then open the PSD-file again and save it to jpg.
Is that a good solution for You ?

From Snijderke.
Snijderke

Post by Snijderke »

tiffanyh wrote:Can someone tell me how I can change this eps file to a svg file? I have tried thru inkscape and tried tracing in SCAL 2 and cannot get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I opened your file in Photoshop PS6 . Then I saved it to PSD-format; Then open the PSD-file again and save it to jpg.
I forgot something: now you can open (trace) the jpg-file in SCAL

Is that a good solution for You ?

From Snijderke.
absalom

Post by absalom »

Thank you for this. I have to use this in order to get smooth working.