Scal Pro version

For your help and questions
Tam

Scal Pro version

Post by Tam »

Does anyone have the pro version of Scal and if so is there a huge difference in it and version 3 or ecal. I was just looking into purchasing it from US Cutters and just wanted to check and make sure it was worth the money. But I do notice it won't work with my Eclips.
Tam
Rachell

Re: Scal Pro version

Post by Rachell »

I clicked the link and it says version 3 so not sure how much of a difference there is.
Tam

Post by Tam »

Craft Edge does not show the pro version. U have to go to US cutters.
Tam
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Here is the USCutter link. http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/prod ... +A+Lot+Pro+

I watched the video and it didn't show anything that isn't in eCAL/SCAL3. The bullet list for Pro features lists the expanded cutting area and mentions AI and CorelDraw files (but no specifics for either).
Tam

Post by Tam »

This is the reply I got from US cutters:
But honestly, I think I will stay with Ecal and Scal 3

There are a number of differences between the Craft and Pro versions of Sure Cuts A Lot 3. From large scale options like fully customizable cutting mats (work-spaces) and contour cutting capabilities, to things smaller in scale like program design and integration- the Pro version is designed to be a complete production solution. When deciding which software is best for you, the question you should ask is: "What will I need this software for". If the answer is craft, hobby or personal use, then the Craft version will be great for you. If the answer is, production for business use or to have a full featured cutting tool- then the Pro version is what you should get.

You can find all of the product specifications as well as a short video on the Sure Cuts A Lot Pro product page.

Best regards,

Benjamin Freeman
Tam
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

Tam wrote:Craft Edge does not show the pro version. U have to go to US cutters.
No I clicked the link on the uscutters site and it says scal version 3 there so I wonder if is any real difference from the normal scal3 version.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

If it were, wouldn't it be on their own site?
Last edited by mitsim on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

Sorry for the confusion. There is a Pro version available now which has extra features more tailored for vinyl cutting businesses. Some features include cutting by color, weeding features and larger cutting lengths as cutters like those offered by USCutter use vinyls rolls. It also adds print+cut (contour cutting) for USCutter models that have a laser.

We are currently in the process of updating the website still.

USCutter is running a sale on the Pro version for 2 weeks. We will match that pricing here
http://www.craftedge.com/purchase/craft ... l3pro.html
Angel135612

Post by Angel135612 »

I have a question about the PRO version. I purchased it from USCutters, and loaded it on my laptop, which is what I use to send to my cutter. When I tried to load it on my desktop, where I do most of my designing, it wouldn't let me activate a second time. So what I want to know, is there a time limit on using PRO, on a second computer, so I can create my files on my desktop, and then take them to my laptop for cutting, or will I not be able to even open the software after a "trial" period expires?? Would it be possible to get a second activation for it, to have it on two computers, with out having to buy a second activation??

Thank you for your help.

Diane in Colorado Springs
Diane in Colorado Springs
Cutting with a 24" Silver Bullet purchased from ThatsScrapInc.com and using SCAL
sandyj

Post by sandyj »

Will this cut to my cut3000 (GCC Bengal) cutter?

If not, are you planning on adding it to the list? I would be very interested as I dislike the software I have now - you design in a vector program such as corel and then send the design to the cutting interface which I have not so much control over. I would be very interested in using SCAL for my vinyl cutter. I'd also like to get it on sale, so if it doesn't currently cut to the Bengal or GCC cutters but are planning on adding them to the list, I'd pick it up now.