Scal 3 frozen on "feeding paper", with eCraft/Mac (Updated)

For your help and questions
iHalo1

Scal 3 frozen on "feeding paper", with eCraft/Mac (Updated)

Post by iHalo1 »

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to use Scal with my eCraft, but it just gets frozen on "feeding
paper". At first I was able to cut a shape (square from the shapes table or a #1), and when I unloaded the paper and
loaded a new sheet, Scal got stuck on feeding paper (right after firmware
check). Or even if I didn't unload the paper, and tried to cut something right
after Scal said "cut complete" it wouldn't cut anything and stuck again on
feeding paper.

I had to force quit the application and try again, that way I could at least get
one cut. So for every cut I wanted in different color paper I had to do one cut,
then force quit Scal, reopen Scal and cut. I did this 4 times at least. When I
tried to do this one more time, Scal simply froze on feeding paper again! and it
would no longer cut that first shape I could cut before. I hope this makes
sense.

I've rebooted my mac, unplugged the eCraft, changed usb cables, used different
ports on my mac. I uninstalled and reinstalled Scal. Deleted the program and
downloaded it again. I even installed an older version and I deactivate it and
reactivated. I tried different logins on my Mac and nothing. At one point using
a different login seemed to do the trick, but it did the exact same thing it did
before. It cut one shape, then once Scal said cut complete, and I tried to cut
something else, it froze again on feeding paper.

I really don't think it's the eCraft, since it cuts perfectly from the SD card.
At this point I don't know what else to do. I don't have a Windows PC, all I
have is a Mac 10.6.8 and I don't have bootcamp or running parallels. My eCraft's
firmware version is x1 and I've tried with Scal version 3.030 and currently
trying with 3.019.

I've contacted craft edge cs, and they have tried to help but I think at this point
they don't know what else to suggest...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cynthia

Update:

I found a solution to my problem, it's not practical but I was able to cut. I had to change the fw on Scal's preference to fw x2 (although my ecraft's fw is x1) and it worked! So, for every time Scal said cut completed I had to go on Scal's preferences and change the fw to x2. That's the only way I can cut for now.

I hope this helps anyone who might be having this problem. :)

Thanks,

Cynthia
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (176.03 KiB) Viewed 3400 times
Last edited by iHalo1 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penny Duncan

Re: Scal 3 frozen on "feeding paper", with eCraft/Mac 10.6.8

Post by Penny Duncan »

Just a suggestion....though it definately sounds like it might be a software conflict...I would give the manufacturer of your ECraft a call...they may have had this issue come up before they were perhaps contacted on and they might be able to give you a suggestion.......I apologize I'm not able to help as I've never used the Ecraft before...I do wish you the best on getting it cleared up...
iHalo1

Re: Scal 3 frozen on "feeding paper", with eCraft/Mac 10.6.8

Post by iHalo1 »

Penny Duncan wrote:Just a suggestion....though it definately sounds like it might be a software conflict...I would give the manufacturer of your ECraft a call...they may have had this issue come up before they were perhaps contacted on and they might be able to give you a suggestion.......I apologize I'm not able to help as I've never used the Ecraft before...I do wish you the best on getting it cleared up...

Thank you Penny, I'll definitely give them a call. I need all the help I can get. ;)

Thanks,

Cynthia
iHalo1

Re: Scal 3 frozen on "feeding paper", with eCraft/Mac (Updat

Post by iHalo1 »

I found a solution to my problem, it's not practical but I was able to cut. I had to change the fw on Scal's preference to fw x2 (although my ecraft's fw is x1) and it worked! So, for every time Scal said cut completed I had to go on Scal's preferences and change the fw to x2. That's the only way I can cut for now.

I hope this helps anyone who might be having this problem. :D

Thanks,

Cynthia
Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

Super Cynthia....though it might not be your permanent fix at least you've been able to find a work around!!!!!!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Does that stand for firmware version? Not to sound totally out of it, but I don't know???
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
iHalo1

Post by iHalo1 »

Penny Duncan wrote:Super Cynthia....though it might not be your permanent fix at least you've been able to find a work around!!!!!!

Yup, I'm super excited to use my machine :mrgreen: . The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to make a cutting mat ( although not really needed) I want to be able to lay cardstock on my mat as it is in scal's virtual mat. That way I can cut different pieces all at once. Has anyone done this?
iHalo1

Post by iHalo1 »

gj1 wrote:Does that stand for firmware version? Not to sound totally out of it, but I don't know???

Yes, :)
Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

iHalo1 wrote:
Penny Duncan wrote:Super Cynthia....though it might not be your permanent fix at least you've been able to find a work around!!!!!!

Yup, I'm super excited to use my machine :mrgreen: . The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to make a cutting mat ( although not really needed) I want to be able to lay cardstock on my mat as it is in scal's virtual mat. That way I can cut different pieces all at once. Has anyone done this?

Well one thing that you could do is take your mat and place whatever size paper it is you're wanting to use.....put your blade at the bottom right corner of the mat and do wysiwyg setting for a full say 8 /12x11 size page......remove the surrounding paper from the cut then flip the mat over and trace the outline of the cut before you remove it from your mat....and then mark where you had set your blade as your origin point when you began the cut.......this way it will be a visual guide for you to get more exact placement when you want to do the wysiwyg setting....Does that make sense????
iHalo1

Post by iHalo1 »

Penny Duncan wrote:
iHalo1 wrote:

Well one thing that you could do is take your mat and place whatever size paper it is you're wanting to use.....put your blade at the bottom right corner of the mat and do wysiwyg setting for a full say 8 /12x11 size page......remove the surrounding paper from the cut then flip the mat over and trace the outline of the cut before you remove it from your mat....and then mark where you had set your blade as your origin point when you began the cut.......this way it will be a visual guide for you to get more exact placement when you want to do the wysiwyg setting....Does that make sense????

It does make sense, I tried that but SCAL moves the blade from where I put it. At first I had what I thought was a perfect mat. Was able to cut a lot of different color pieces, and it was perfect. Then I came back a few hours later, fed my mat, and try to cut other pieces and this time my mat was off by an inch, from top to bottom and maybe a half inch from right to left. I restarted the ecraft, but it didnt help. My mat was way off... * sigh*

Thanks,

Cynthia