Installation help

For your help and questions
sambobbitt

Installation help

Post by sambobbitt »

I had the trial version of SCAL and DS running. Got the registration for SCAL and entered it into the program. So happens that the firmware is 2 not 2.1 on the cricut E. So I went to DS to ugrade the firmware and the program won't start- over and over -- see screen capture. I uninstalled DS and reinstalled with disk and still won't run. Did registration of SCAL do this or a fluke. I can't go anywhere. I'm stuck unless someone has an idea I can't use either programs.???? Please help?
sambobbitt

Re: Installation help

Post by sambobbitt »

screen capture of error for DS startup-
Attachments
cricut dserror.png
cricut dserror.png (47.51 KiB) Viewed 1778 times
scrappinbykris

Post by scrappinbykris »

Can't help with this one, but I'm thinking it is a fluke perhaps??? I only just bought the key for SCAL yesterday and downloaded the newer version over the top of my trial version, entered the key, no dramas.

I have DS but only the trial version, I did get on and play about with it yesterday after installing SCAL full version, no problems at all, oh and that is on Vista also.

Hopefully somebody can help you out with this soon .... If you have it on disc, I'd probably try uninstalling it and reinstalling the program, see if that helps...perhaps?

Good luck and happy crafting :)
Check out my blog for free svgs ....Enjoy :) Kris

http://scrappinbykris.blogspot.com/
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I agree on the uninstall and then reinstall the program!
Todd