Contact paper = LOVE

For your help and questions
Paula Anne

Contact paper = LOVE

Post by Paula Anne »

Hi. Well, I've been doing a ton of vinyl glasses. They seem to be a hit for my biz.
But, all I had been using was the transfer paper from Expressions Vinyl.
Today we were putting my new order away and my husband found a pc of clear contact paper I had been saving for who knows how long. (Sign of a true crafter...save it I'll find a way to use it within the next 100 years.....LOL).
Anyway, I thought I saw a thread about contact paper.
When I went back and did a search it was more about using it to practice cut before using your good vinyl.
Well, I decided to use it in place of my transfer paper which you can NOT see through.
I'm in LOVE LOVE LOVE!
I can see what I am doing and I'm saving time and money and vinyl. I'm not recutting my mistakes.
I'm so happy.
So, for anyone that's asking yes, you can use the clear contact paper to transfer.

Hugs!
Paula
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Contact paper = LOVE

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Yep.. this had been discussed a while back :D.. Love that stuff...You can also use it to cut out stencils and use with etching cream on your glass projects.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

yep, i love it too.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

I would have thought it was a bit high tac for transferring onto anything other than a smooth hard surface like glass, but its quite a long while since I used contact paper - I thin the last time was when I was at school <cough>38<cough> years ago :D

You can of course get clear low tac vinyl transfer tape for when visibility is needed ;)
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I used clear contact paper for the cat tile. It was too sticky for the tiny pieces and messed up my first attempt.
I did not want to spend the dollars for transfer tape and so what I did the second time was to blot the contact paper onto a lint free terry towel a few times...it still stuck, but a little less so I could remove it off the vinyl, after it was placed on the tile, easier.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
BRichardson

Post by BRichardson »

I ordered some clear transfer tape off eBay - it comes on a pad with several sheets. You can get it in several sizes. I like the 6"x12" and the 12"x12".

I use it over and over. I just stick the piece back on the pad to keep it clean. I cut many sizes out of transfer tape and just stick them on the back of the pad to re-use.

BEST STUFF EVER! It has just the right amount of tack and it is so nice that you can see through it. Makes placement and layering a snap.
Windows 7 Silhouette Cameo SCAL3 3.046
Paula Anne

Post by Paula Anne »

Could you share the ebay store where you bought the transfer tape. I would really be interested in that. The contact paper was a bit too tacky, but because I was doing one large image, it worked, it will be difficult with other files.

Thanks
Paula