Cutter, Speed and Pressure settings!

For your help and questions
talanhart

Cutter, Speed and Pressure settings!

Post by talanhart »

I am new to Cricut and I have only cut 4 or 5 things. My biggest challenge is figuring out all the settings for different materials. Does anybody have a list that they have accumulated with all the settings they use for cutting? I tried to cut construction paper the other night and it totally didn't work, because I had no idea what settings to use. Please post your settings. so I can compile a list. Thanks.

Todd
Todd
wreed06

Re: Cutter, Speed and Pressure settings!

Post by wreed06 »

I have the blade itself set to 6 and the pressure to 5. The speed in the SCAL software overrides the speed dial on the machine, so I don't pay attention to the dial on the machine anymore. I usually use medium for the speed in the software. I find that using a higher speed tends to rip the paper. You need to experiment with the settings on your machine and paper because each machine can vary alone with all of the different textures of paper. I found that using a lower blade setting and/or pressure would not cut through most papers. I use Creative Memories paper, and have luck with the solid colored paper that is slightly lighter weight to standard card stock. I haven't tried their lighter weight papers. I did try cutting just plain printer paper as a test and that thinner paper tended to rip with the settings. Generally, the more intricate the design, the slower I like to cut as the paper can rip more easily. Truly, you will have to experiment some for your specific machine and paper weights.