SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW MACHINE

For your help and questions
Soulsisterd

SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW MACHINE

Post by Soulsisterd »

Hello Ladies.
My machine has died and I am in the market to replace it. Any suggestions?
Thanks a bunch
Blessings SoulSisterD
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW MACHINE

Post by sstehman »

There is a topic on the index for "cutter reviews" and if you search, there are some links to blogs for cutter reviews. It depends on your needs, how you use your machine and what you want to spend. I have the eClips and love it, some have the Cameo and are happy with that machine too. Others have some of the higher end machines. Good luck in your search and let us know what you end up with.
Sandy in PA
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

Always research first, then decide what your plans are for your machine we can all give advice but yet again we can all be biased also as I have used the Cricut then bought a MH-871 uscutter machine it still did not meat my needs. so next was the Bosscut Gazelle this was a pain with the funtime software and I am usually great learning new software I hated this software and then used Scal and MTC yep used both was still not happy just the machine. yet for some they love this machine this is the one my 9 yr old now uses when paper crafting, I now use the 18" black cat cougar and after tomorrow will also have the Silver Bullet pro cutter. but remember to know what you are wanting to cut and how much you are willing to spend and research.
judyjo
Location: Indiana, Mac v.10.5.8, Inkscapes, Scal v. 2.013, Cricut Expression, Design Studio, eclips, eCAL

Post by judyjo »

I love my eclips. I especially like the option of being able to use almost any size marker for drawing or writing. I did have to buy the pen holder separate but am so happy that I did because I really like making cards and writing sentiments with the eclips. I also use a lot of the Tim Holtz distress inks, and you can now buy the distress markers to match your ink pad colors. AND.....the fine tip works beautifully in the eclips.
I did however have a problem with my new machine that was apparently a defect. Sizzix handled it very promptly and professionally and replaced my machine. No problems at all with the new one.
Soulsisterd

Post by Soulsisterd »

Well after much research and prayer. I have made my choice. I purchased Eclips. I am very excited and can not wait for it to get here. So I guess I will have to a copyif SCAL and ECAL. Not really sure what I will do with the SCAL since I don't have the expression anymore. Oh well.
I am ready to start my bathroom project. :D Woohooo!
Thanks a bunch
Blessings SoulSisterD
Lauram312000

Post by Lauram312000 »

Good luck with the eclips! I'm awaiting the silver bullet over here, trying to contain my excitement!!
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

Lauram312000 wrote:Good luck with the eclips! I'm awaiting the silver bullet over here, trying to contain my excitement!!
Easier said than done LOL

you are going to love the SB, it is a right of passage that your first cut is done at 800mm/sec though ;)
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Lauram312000

Post by Lauram312000 »

I AM LITERALLY LAUGHING OUT LOUD waking my poor doggie up!!! From all the research I've done, I'll do that PLUS cut clean through the mat! lolol!!!!!
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

Lauram312000 wrote:I AM LITERALLY LAUGHING OUT LOUD waking my poor doggie up!!! From all the research I've done, I'll do that PLUS cut clean through the mat! lolol!!!!!
I did exactly that with the first cut I did on my Cougar.. Brand new mat that came with the machine, put a sheet of paper on it and cut.. Had a nice 4 inch by 3 inch rectangular hole in the mat LOLOL

I learned that lesson pretty quick :D
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial