Cricut Expression questions?

For your help and questions
melxo

Cricut Expression questions?

Post by melxo »

Hi I currently am brand new at the cricut expression. I received it as a Mother's Day gift, I did do a little reading online about this program you can purchase & download and will have an endless amount of things you can do. I am very interested in this program but I cannot see how I can purchase it or even if its available for my machine? Or if there is anything available for my machine now. I appreciate you guys reading this & I'm so if I sound so uneducated about this stuff.. I'm hoping to learn & love my cricut as so many other people do!
TheresaTT

Re: Cricut Expression questions?

Post by TheresaTT »

well, congrats on your cricut but the software you are referencing is no longer available for the cricut due to a law suit by the cricuts maker. Much to thousands of peoples dismay. Now i believe that cricut makes a program that you can buy but you will still be limited to the cartridges that only they make. Check out the Cricut website to get that info.
There is so much you can do. Enjoy.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Many of us are actually more in love with other machines. The eClips by Silhouette and the Cameo. Maybe you haven't used the machine yet and want to explore one of these machines? But it is a mother's day gift and I know returning those types of gifts can be difficult. The issue with the Cricut is you are limited to using their cartridges and they get quite expensive over time, which is why many that want flexibility to design their own or get the many freebies on-line have embraced the other machines.

Regardless of your choice, have fun with cutting.
Sandy in PA
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I feel bad for the people who buy "those" cutting machines with the expectation that they will be able to purchase and use SCAL with it. I can only imagine how disappointed they must be. :(
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Referring to the message i just read on the Cricut Expression, i have a question, i have the original Cricut 6x12 and Scal 1, if i presently have the SCAL 1, will it work with the Cricut Expression if i purchased one? Should i just look into the other machines?
Thanks for any help.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

It would work with the older Cricut Expression, but not the newer Expression 2. And, with scal 1, there may be some limitations, but there are still people that use it. You can use up to SCAL 2 on the older Cricuts. But, as said before, neither is available anymore.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Both the eclips and the Cameo are comparably priced to the Expression and both cut details much better than the expression and also do print and cut. I've had my eclips for about a month and I am really impressed with it, though I haven't been able to play as much as I would have liked yet.
melxo

Post by melxo »

Thank you guys so much for your help. My father purchased this for me & I would feel terrible to replace it because it was something he picked for me himself & knew I would enjoy so much with my kids.. Is there SCAL v1 still available for my cricut.. I have just the expression not the expression 2.. I will have to contact the company and see what is available for me. I agree the cartridges are very pricey! I've been checking them out on amazon & am amazed by how much some can cost! I actually looked into a cameo before receiving the cricut as a gift. I'm sure I will figure it out, I really appreciate each one of your answers Thanks so much!
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Neither SCAL ver 1 or ver 2 are available any longer. And, if you can find it, you'd probably want version 2. You may look on ebay and see if you can find a copy. However, you need to be careful because people have complained of scams in reference to trying to purchase it. Also, I saw a copy of it on my local Craig's list, so you might try that also. Not sure where else you could look to try to find it. Good luck!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Scal 2 is no longer available and not transferable, so if you do find it you may have difficulty using it.
I
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.