Want to hear from someone who has Sizzix Eclipse & Zing.

For your help and questions
steven252000

Want to hear from someone who has Sizzix Eclipse & Zing.

Post by steven252000 »

I am on the fence about which cutter to try and get here soon. I have narrowed it down to the Eclipse and the Zing. The eclipse seems to have a real good price right now and being that I am already familar with SCAL it seems to be a good choice. However the Zing seems real cool if you can get past the learning curve. It has MTC which most really love alot. The Zing can engrave and emboss where as the Eclipse can not. Also the Eclipse can only cut a length of almost 2 feet? So if I wanted or needed to cut anything longer it is not possible? Is this correct? Do you have to use a mat for the Elipse at all times? The Zing has basicly a cutting length of whatever you need.
I would really like to hear from someone who has both and which one they would pick and +'s and -'s of both. I read one post of someone who had several different cutters including the Eclipse and Zing and they said they liked both and both had their strong points and weaknesses but if they lost all in a fire and replaced their cutter with just one the Eclipse would be the one they picked. What are other thoughts? Thanks.
papasue

Re: Want to hear from someone who has Sizzix Eclipse & Zing

Post by papasue »

There is a board index here just for eCAL where you will find all the kudos, successes, some tutorials, and some creations done with eCAL. You should find all the information you need and links to more.

I think if you do a search of the forum you'll find the ZING as well.

viewforum.php?f=84

Good luck, I love my eclips.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
AnointedHands

Re: Want to hear from someone who has Sizzix Eclipse & Zing

Post by AnointedHands »

Here is a link where Julie gives the pros and cons of the two machine. Its on the MTC forum so u can read but not reply unless u sign-in.

http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussio ... pse#Item_4

HTH
Althea
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...