CDS

For your help and questions
Beanie

CDS

Post by Beanie »

Has any one done the CDS update and still cut with SCAL?
Beanie ~~Been There Done That~~
NurseMel

Re: CDS

Post by NurseMel »

Ignore what I just posted, have now deleted it! I should have checked the board first..LOL.

Wonder who the game soul is that will try out the new update? Someone computer savvy that can reverse it if isn't compatible perhaps?

Mel
NurseMel

Post by NurseMel »

The newest update has been downloaded and tested by several people and yes it is compatible with SCAL...yipppeeeee. No firmware update needed. So now I can go and play with SCAL & the newest DS.

Mel
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

LOL yes I have done it and cut with both programs no issues at all maybe PC has figured out that in order for us to buy carts they will have to let us use scal as well...... I have not bought any carts in the last year because of their trying to block scal as I figure I would rather give my money to Todd who is trying to help us out than to a company who is so greedy.... but I bought 2 carts this week because I feel PC has started to calm down a bit
Beanie ~~Been There Done That~~
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I just got my Expression last Friday and I haven't really played with the carts yet, just SCAL. I updated my firmware as instructed and I was wondering about two things.

1. With my Firmware updated, will my carts still work?

2. Why do I need a cart in the machine to make a cut with SCAL?

My machine isn't set up right now, so I haven't tried much with it.
Todd
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

Talanhart
Yes your carts will work fine with firmware updated
Yes you have to havea cart in the machine for SCAL to work - I think it is that the machine needs a cart to work regardless of if you are using SCAL or DS

Raewyn
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Thanks. It's interesting that the newer Cricuts don't come with the new Firmware already installed.
Todd