SCAL with the Pazzles and Gazelle

For your help and questions
California Gramma

SCAL with the Pazzles and Gazelle

Post by California Gramma »

I just purchased SCal (Mac) to use with my Pazzles and Gazelle........

What is blade offset??

What offset do i need to use with the Gazelle when using the Gazelle click blade holder? This Gazelle doesnt have the new motherboard installed.

What offset for the Pazzles?? I am using the standard blade holder that ships with the Pazzles.....

TIA
AnointedHands

Re: SCAL with the Pazzles and Gazelle

Post by AnointedHands »

Blade offset: Because a blade is slanted and a cut begins at the tip of the blade, at the end of a cut there may be a section that does not completely cut out because the tip didn't go to the beginning of the cut (can't draw a photo cuz I'm on a tablet). Blade offset will move the blade to make up for that difference. Think about a blade cutting, the tip is in the paper and the slanted part is not but the slanted part is part of the blade. A cut may end at the slanted side of the blade instead of the tip leaving the section from the back end of the slant to the tip uncut. Hence, blade offset will make up for this difference.

Blade offset is the same for all cutters because they all use the same shape blade however the setting for blade offset will change with each machine. I use the Gazelle with the original bladeholder and have never had to adjust for blade offset. I also use the software that came with the cutter.

HTH
Althea
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...