Zing and SCAL

For your help and questions
AnointedHands

Re: Zing and SCAL

Post by AnointedHands »

My Valentine's Day is gonna be amaZing!!!!!!!

I'm so excited and can hardly wait...like a kid waiting for Santa.....

Althea
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
etribke

Post by etribke »

Thats how I felt! What a great present!
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

etribke wrote:I played with my Zing yesterday, and I love everything about it. I did not find the initial setup or the machine to be at all intimidating. If you have had the MTC software and a cutting machine before I don't find the learning curve any different. The machine itself is pure pleasure. Just go over the online manual while you wait for delivery and all will be great! The only limitations is our own imagination!
Setting the blade depth is just common sense, and the online video is great. I have no regrets.

Is there a plug in from SCAL for the Zing?! I would so love to be able to cut with SCAL. As far as the zing, I've had such issues with the blade holder that I'm about ready to sell mine and get a cameo to replace it.You not only have to get the blade depth perfect, you have to have the offset right, the pressure right, and you can't flub on any of it. One day everything will work perfectly then the next it decides it wants to destroy all paper in it's path!
I'm majorly annoyed with it, but I'm really trying. I've had it since November last year...you'd think it would come together, but it has not.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I have not upgraded to anything but read some of what is said about the new machines and the happiest people seem to be those with eclipes and ecal which is a improved scal...svgcuts sells it all, I believe $300 for everything with free ship and svgcuts giftcard included. Sizzix CS is wonderful, so I hear and the blade holder is very very good, so I hear.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

beeshive wrote:Is there a plug in from SCAL for the Zing?! I would so love to be able to cut with SCAL. As far as the zing, I've had such issues with the blade holder that I'm about ready to sell mine and get a cameo to replace it.You not only have to get the blade depth perfect, you have to have the offset right, the pressure right, and you can't flub on any of it. One day everything will work perfectly then the next it decides it wants to destroy all paper in it's path!
I'm majorly annoyed with it, but I'm really trying. I've had it since November last year...you'd think it would come together, but it has not.
Have you tried getting a click-stop blade holder or marking your standard holder? The Zing is on my short list, so I'm interested in how people like it. Am I correct in thinking that it takes a different blade (not Roland) if you use the standard holder?
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

The blade is different from the norm but you can use other bladeholders. I'm u using the Gazelle bladeholder and it works perfectly. Mine is not a click holder now that I understand how to set the blade, I prefer to do it myself. And the Zing bladeholder has springs which can be easily lost. I was having a problem getting the blade into the Z-holder and the spring flew of the blade...gone. Fortunately I found it later and when I tested the two holders, G-holder won hands down.
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

Heather, they were just discussing this on the MTC forum yesterday. Apparently, you can use the Eclips holder with Roland blades in the Zing. I'll have to double check that, but I am pretty sure that is what I read.
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

It is posted, and there's a pix also, that you can use the eclips holder and it fits perfectly. My G-holder is longer than the Z-holder but I marked the spot for putting it in the Zing. Will probably order the eclips holder when I find a sale again.

Althea