What kind of glue do you use?

For your help and questions
ptpulley

What kind of glue do you use?

Post by ptpulley »

I have been using tacky or glue in a pen, but they dry so hard and keep things from lying flat. I just bought some sheets of sticky dots (I don't really see the dots) that I've been a little afraid to try for small or intricate cuts. What do you use that's flexible and/or dries without distorting?
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
GrammyKrausse

Re: What kind of glue do you use?

Post by GrammyKrausse »

ptpulley wrote:I have been using tacky or glue in a pen, but they dry so hard and keep things from lying flat. I just bought some sheets of sticky dots (I don't really see the dots) that I've been a little afraid to try for small or intricate cuts. What do you use that's flexible and/or dries without distorting?
I found the glue pen after setting a week or so releases the glued images. I usually use my Xyron with the replaceable adhesive. I have three sizes, the 9 in the 5 in and the X sticker maker. For things like buttons or heavier things then paper I use the glue dots. I have several sizes of glue dots. They are hard to see but they really hold onto the heavier objects.
scrappindeb

Post by scrappindeb »

My favorite "every project" glue is Ivy Scraps ScrapFusion PA (permanent adhesive), it is by Ivy Hollow Publishing, www.ivyhollowpub.com. I LOVE this glue and have also bought two big refill bottles. It goes a long way and is relatively inexpensive and the small bottle comes with the tiny tip to get in small places. I have been using it for about 5 years. The first bottle I found in a LCC and now I just order it online.
I also love the glue dots, different sizes but also use the strip ones, they usually come with 2rolls of a long strip in each box. You cut off how much you want, can be as little as a dot or a scrap page border width or whatever you need. I am also loving Score-Tape (even more then the strips now) as Score-Tape comes in different width sizes and you just rip it where you want the adhesive to stop. It is so versatile. I also use my glue pen but not as much.
These are my mainstays and try them, I think you will love them too! ;)
Scrappindeb

Have SCAL 2.044, Cricut Expression
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I am out of all craft tapes and runners...so I am using double sided sticky carpet tape. It can be cut to the size you need, or even put behind the paper you want to cut(put the paper backing side on mat and not for intricate cuts...just basic outline shapes)...it has a peel off backing so leave that on until ready to apply to project. It is useful when you have nothing else...sticks very well, too :)
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Im a cutter

Post by Im a cutter »

I like the scotch quick dry glue. :D