Need help opening svg files

For your help and questions
ScoutLady

Need help opening svg files

Post by ScoutLady »

I bought the Family and Friends Paper Dolls from myscrapchic.com last week and I can't see the files in Inkscape. The doll bodies are there but the hair, clothes etc is just a blank page with a small circle on it. I tried opening the svg file by clicking on the file and that didn't work so I tried importing the svg file into inkscape and that doesn't work either. There is a folder with pdf files in the package, how would I go about converting them to svg files so I can cut them out?
GrammyKrausse

Re: Need help opening svg files

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Hello
I visited their websit and it indicates there is 4 ways you can download their files. My suggestion is try to make sure that the hair and accessories are svg files. If not you might need to contact them and let them know what happened. Although you can convert easily the pdf files. Just have to open them in inkscape and they are mostly ready for you.
Let me know if I can help further :) Ps Martha Stewards website sometimes has pdf files. I found a nice on for a box with a rabbit closier
Grammy
ScoutLady

Post by ScoutLady »

GrammyKrausse wrote:Hello
I visited their websit and it indicates there is 4 ways you can download their files. My suggestion is try to make sure that the hair and accessories are svg files. If not you might need to contact them and let them know what happened. Although you can convert easily the pdf files. Just have to open them in inkscape and they are mostly ready for you.
Let me know if I can help further :) Ps Martha Stewards website sometimes has pdf files. I found a nice on for a box with a rabbit closier
Grammy
I tried to import the pdf files into inkscape and sure cuts alot but that doesn't work either, all I get is blank page with a circle on it.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

since some of them open and some doesn't it might be the folder you received from the site is corrupted. I would contact them and explain the files just wont open.
Sorry about all this. Please don't get discouraged, it really is easy.
Grammy

One other thing you might try is find the folder and double click on the file. If it is a true svg file the double click will cause it to open correctly in inkscape. Just thought of something on the ones that is just a circle. select all and change the color. It could be the colors aren't showing up and all you are seeing is white. Changing the color could give you insite on if anything is there
ScoutLady

Post by ScoutLady »

GrammyKrausse wrote:since some of them open and some doesn't it might be the folder you received from the site is corrupted. I would contact them and explain the files just wont open.
Sorry about all this. Please don't get discouraged, it really is easy.
Grammy

One other thing you might try is find the folder and double click on the file. If it is a true svg file the double click will cause it to open correctly in inkscape. Just thought of something on the ones that is just a circle. select all and change the color. It could be the colors aren't showing up and all you are seeing is white. Changing the color could give you insite on if anything is there
Thanks Grammy that worked! I selected all and then switched the color to black and the image appeared! I saved it in the new color and now I can cut some out. ;o)

Thanks again.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Your welcome. Now it's fun time. :D
Grammy
myscrapchick

Post by myscrapchick »

We found out that we have saved some of the files as a hairline and some as a one point. The hairline files do not show up for everyone. We are fixing this so if anyone has the same problem, please email me at myscrapchick@comcast.net and we will send you a new download.

Thanks for all your help, I apprecaite it. I am not always over here and am able to help. What a great team of people we have here at the craftedge forum!! :)

Hugs, Kristi
www.myscrapchick.com
grammat

Post by grammat »

i am new and so appreciate all the helping thoughts expresed on this thread thanks to you all i now have downloaded inkscape so i can convert files