how do you convert files to use on the sure cuts a lot?

For your help and questions
shopkeypur

how do you convert files to use on the sure cuts a lot?

Post by shopkeypur »

Before I purchase this program I wanted to see how hard or easy it would be to change my files over to SVG files to use on this program and then my cricut express. I own a store and wanted to use my logo and other images I've made to use on signs and windows. They are in .jpg or bmp or tiff format. How would I change them to SVG? the programs I have don't have svg as an option to save the files. Tons of other file options but not svg. I use paint shop pro 7.0, VCW ViCmans photo editor and print shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure i can convert my files before I go and purchase another program.
gatechgal

Re: how do you convert files to use on the sure cuts a lot?

Post by gatechgal »

The answer most everyone uses is Inkscape - a free vector program. There's an entire forum on this message board about using it. There's a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the swing of it, you can convert most any jpeg.
shopkeypur

Re: how do you convert files to use on the sure cuts a lot?

Post by shopkeypur »

Thank you so much!! I downloaded the program and already converted 2 jpg. images just to try it out.
I really appreciate your help. I searched the forum but came up with hundreds of posts and it was getting so time consuming trying to find one that actually had the answers i was looking for.