Sizzix eclips + Sure Cuts a Lot

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Sizzix eclips + Sure Cuts a Lot

Post by sstehman »

Not sure where the last poster got their information, but it is incorrect. CE has worked with the Sizzix manufacturer on software that is works independent of the cartridges on the eClips machine. The user still has the option to use cartridges if they choose. It is a win-win situation for those that enjoy creating their own designs and do not want the limitations of a cartridge.
Sandy in PA
Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

I agree...I think it is AWESOME the CE is working with Sizzix.....FINALLY a company out there has listened to the consumers requests to have the ability to create their own files OR use cartridges......so it can be the consumers choice.....and chances are the consumer is still going to continue to by the cartridges and do both........I own a Black Cat Cougar that I absolutely LOVE....however IF I was on the market for another brand of cutter....It would DEFIANTLY be a Sizzix Eclipse......and it's BECAUSE they have listened to the consumer and their desires......You're always going to have software bugs to work out when it first comes out......but it's nice that people have the ability to use the program and allow those glitches to come to the surface in real time so they can be addressed and fixed....Remember with SCAL very first came out 5 years ago.......look at how far it has come today....just imagine how amazing Ecal will be even a year from now because Brandon DOES have the full support of Sizzix......I wish them all the best out there for the 2 working together!!!!
deannag

Post by deannag »

I'm so glad that I found your forum. I just ordered a PC Expression 2. I had no idea that there were other machines out there. After doing more research, I find out that I have to purchase carts and can't use my own designs. That really doesn't work for me!! After much research, I've decided that I do not want the Expression 2. The Sizzix eclips with the eCAL software would be the best machine to meet my needs. Needless to say, as soon as my PCE2 gets here, I am returning it so that I can purchase the Sizzix. Should have done the research first!!!!!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Welcome and we all hope you get up and cutting soon...see you again here, when you are ready. Feel free to begin with some tutorials that you can find on the homepage for craftedge.com...thanks for joining with us!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
leah.nayden

Post by leah.nayden »

I've had my machine (sizzix eclips) for less than a year. I purchased it thru Amazon and the first machine I received was labeled new but as soon as I plugged it in and turned it on, there was a very loud and annoying "humming" noise from the machine. I called Amazon and returned the "new" machine and received a replacement. I should have taken that as a hint - that this machine is a piece of JUNK. The second sizzix eclips worked ok but it was an upgrade from the Cricut machine I had because I am able to get pictures from the computer and cut the pictures in various sizes. After awhile the machine just wasn't aligning properly and it took forever to make sure it was going to cut where I placed the paper/material. That became so time consuming and the machine was getter louder as the weeks/months passed. I would occasionally use my old Cricut because I had some projects saved on the Cricut and it was so easy and the time spent to cut a project was no way near the time I spent to get it right with the sizzix eclips. The machine would also stop midway thru cutting a project or it would make a mark on the mat then shut off. I would lose my project and have to start all over again. Just the other day my sizzix machine went bonkers. The mat wasn't feeding properly, the feeder kept spinning and then not accepting the mat, it was just frustrating! I have been putting up with this machine for less than a year but with all the problems and the time spent to finish a project...it felt like forever. I'm trashing this sizzix eclips and never looking back!!! I run a small business that depends on a cutting machine, and because of this most recent catastrophe I had to put a hold on accepting any new orders. I don't recommend this item at all - in fact I do beleive this particular machine is discontinued. I know they have a newer and upgraded machine, however I wouldn't think twice about it, in fact if I received it for free I would pass...Never Again!!! I'm going back to Cricut and ordered their latest model which from what I've read is amazing!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Sorry for your frustration. Some of the early machines had a circuit board problem. Customer service at Sizzix has been awesome at getting the issue fixed and giving consumers new machines directly. The exchange at Amazon doesn't fix the problem as they are probably just sending a machine that possibly was made on the original run.

I also had a problem with the roller spinning and my second machine (through Sizzix has not given me one problem.)

The Sizzix machine machine is not discontinued to my knowledge, but as all companies (including Cricut), they added new features to the eClips2.

Did you make sure you download all new software updates from this web site. That probably would have solved the alignment issue as the SCAL developers have also been working hard to improve their software.

Not sure how long you have had your machine, but my suggestion is that you contact Sizzix directly in customer service for the machine and explain your situation. They have been very willing to replace machines.

Then I would suggest you download all current software upgrades.

Hope things work out well for you by taking these steps.
Sandy in PA
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Like Sandy, I had one of the early eClips that went bad. Sizzix replaced it and I've been using my eClips for two years now with no problems and I love using my machine. I'm sorry that you're having problems, but Sizzix is very good about helping if you contact them.
shahinparvez

Post by shahinparvez »

I am always searching for quality posts & articles & this is what I found here, I hope you will be adding more.https://www.clippingpathresource.com/
byronsterb

Sizzix eclips Sure Cuts a Lot

Post by byronsterb »

Tanks a lot for the link... ok I,m going to buy it... I found a coupon of 10 on the Internet to buy it too so it will make up for the change rate from CAN to US
SolRop

Sizzix eclips Sure Cuts a Lot

Post by SolRop »

The game changes a lot when I visited again. I do missed a few events and goodies though.