Terms of Use for Files Posted on This Forum

For your help and questions
pastda3

Terms of Use for Files Posted on This Forum

Post by pastda3 »

After the incident that Jo-Anne brought to our attention about designs (or files) being sold, perhaps the TOU can be included in the signature line. Something like "all of my designs and files posted are copyrighted and are for personal use only." Something to that effect. There will always be thieves, but maybe it will help a little if the terms are clearly stated.

Also, I mentioned this before; maybe it would help if we include our names, initials or whatever in the filename to help identify the designer or creator of the file. Just some suggestions.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
papasue

Re: Terms of Use for Files Posted on This Forum

Post by papasue »

great idea! I'm gonna do it. Not that people who use other peoples graphics as there own are really gonna care but it will be useful.

I've started to put my name and date on the files/images I post for free just to prove the date/time I posted it for free. This may be a help for members who share freely but have the expectancy of credit at very least for their effort.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I've been putting my real first name and initial after my files in case no one noticed lately>>LOL.. I think this person got pretty darn scared when I guess she realized I found that she was using my image I did to sell her stuff.. Susan I know you know for a fact I did that Justin Bieber file.. I just checked back on her name here and sure enough there are other images she is blantantly asking for the files and then using them UGH.. and I even had marked when I put that picture that it was not for selling stuff ..
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Who is the users name here on this board? I would like to know so that I will not make anything for her specifically.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Omg...she has Todd's(not that Todd)...his Fight like a Girl.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I figured it out through her etsy profile...good to know.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Someone needs to make sure she is banned from this forum. I don't really care who she is we do not need or want her here. She obviously knew what she was doing was wrong or she would not have taken down her Facebook page so quickly when she got caught.!
Jan
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I sent a PM to the individual warning of inappropriate use of files on this forum. As the person apparently took their files down from resale, I feel it appropriate that a strong warning be sent first. If there are other infractions, please advise the moderators so they can take further action to ban.

Unfortunately, my feeling is when postings like this start they go on endlessly. That is not why I joined this forum to continually watch everyone jumping on the band wagon.
Sandy in PA
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

She didnt take her facebook page down.....
debodel

Post by debodel »

First, I would like to set the record straight. I am NOT selling files. Yes, I have files that I use and sell finished items.

Second, I have not shut my facebook page down because anyone scared me. And I will not shut my page down. IF you want to ban me from the forum - go ahead, only you can make that decision. I have not asked for help with a file without letting you know what I was doing with the file and every single time I come back and I post a picture of what I have done with the file. That is as honest as I can be.

Third, I am not a thief. I do not steal. If you visit my site and you see a file that belongs to you let me know and I will gladly remove it. I have a "Contact" tab and will gladly oblige your request.

Fourth, I have hundreds of "so called crafters" who are "fans" of my page for the sole purpose of stealing my designs. Sobeit. I have visited other sites and I can't tell the difference between theirs and mine because they have copied so much of my work. Ninety five percent of the files on my page are a result of being purchased or by doing a google search.

I did not have to identify myself here and subject myself to more ridicule and hatred, but I did because I am an honest person. I don't steal and I am pretty easy to get along with. I won't talk behind your back as you have done mine. If I ever have an issue with any of you, I will be straight forward and come directly to the source.