Sure Cuts a Lot 3.0 for Windows & Macintosh

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
craftedge
Site Admin

Sure Cuts a Lot 3.0 for Windows & Macintosh

Post by craftedge »

Sure Cuts A Lot version 3 has the same great features of Version 2 but includes support for a variety of electronic cutting machines. While version 3 does not support the Cricut™, it does support the following:

* Works with Craftwell eCraft™
* Works with Black Cat Cougar/Lynx™
* Works with BossKut Gazelle™
* Works with Pazzles Inspiration™
* Works with Silhouette SD™
* Works with USCutter™ (MH/LaserPoint series)
* Works with Craft ROBO/Graphtec™ machines including Wishblade™ (Windows Only)

** Version 1, 2 and 3 of SCAL all install in separate folders by default and do not interfere with each other

If you previously purchased Sure Cuts A Lot 2 and wish to use our software with a different cutting machine, you can upgrade to Sure Cuts A Lot 3 for free at
http://www.craftedge.com/support/upgrade3
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Sure Cuts a Lot 3.0 for Windows & Macintosh

Post by HeatherM »

How long will this upgrade be free for current SCAL2 owners? Is there a time limit for it?
papasue

Post by papasue »

If I download 3 will it overwrite 2? I don't have a new cutter yet but would like to view/play with 3 whilst still being able to use 2 until I make my decision. Would downloading the "trial" of 3 affect anything.

Need some guidance please.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I installed it earlier today. It's a completely separate program just like 1 and 2 were. I don't have another cutter yet either, but when my E breaks I will replace it with something else. I asked the question about the upgrade because my mom has SCAL2 and I wanted to know if I should have her upgrade to SCAL3 or wait and see.
scrappinbykris

Post by scrappinbykris »

Yes Papasue, It installs as a separate program, it does NOT override the previous version, I have SCAL, SCAL2 & SCAL3 currently on my desktop, all working just fine and dandy :) Cheers Kris
Check out my blog for free svgs ....Enjoy :) Kris

http://scrappinbykris.blogspot.com/
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I downloaded it as well but I think as long as you don't extract it you should be fine with your SCAL2 still. Am I correct?? Or can I even extract it.. and like Heather asked is it only for a limited time downloading it for free. I would hate to see myself get another machine down the line and then finding out I have to pay for the upgrade..
gj1

Post by gj1 »

[** Version 1, 2 and 3 of SCAL all install in separate folders by default and do not interfere with each other

If you previously purchased Sure Cuts A Lot 2 and wish to use our software with a different cutting machine, you can upgrade to Sure Cuts A Lot 3 for free at
http://www.craftedge.com/support/upgrade3[/quote]

It says here they do not interfere and are separate, and if you have 2 you can have 3.
I downloaded 3 to a memory stick just in case I get a new machine. I will begin to update it as the updates happen, so if I get that new machine I am ready for it.

I just don't think anything has really changed overnight...except that scal 2 is not being sold on the CE website anymore, but if you have that you can have 3 free, and if you have 3 you can still have 2.

That is how I read it for now anyway.
CaseysAngel

Post by CaseysAngel »

If I buy SCAL 2 from one of the affiliates today would I still get the free SCAL 3 or should I just buy 3? I use a Black Cat Cougar but I also have a Cricut expression.
hellie0h

Post by hellie0h »

Hey Christy, I would ask the affiliate to be sure, but from what I am understanding they are still selling SCAL2, when you have that, you can dl 3 and use your 2 serial number. 3 goes in another directory, so 2 is still there. If that made sense. Miss you "over there".
conicuts

Post by conicuts »

Is anyone else having trouble getting the upgrade to 3 link to work? Mine keeps timing out.