NEWSFLASH!!!

For your help and questions
Melmo

Re: NEWSFLASH!!!

Post by Melmo »

I rarely post (obvious) but visit here often. I am so sad to not see Todd posting here. He is such a talented man with a great sense of humor.
Todd if you are reading here know that you a missed dearly and I hope that you will return.
hkvalerio
Location: { Cali } Windows XP, Inkscape .48, SCAL2, Microsoft Digital Image Pro

Post by hkvalerio »

lindamac wrote:I will not say much about Todd as he is a personal friend of mine except to say shame on those people. He is truly a great guy. Other than that, I have quit browsing/contributing to this forum because I am just tired of hearing about people's personal problems. I used to brag about our community because we were always on topic. Now it seems like we are like the old Cricut forum telling about our illnesses, who is doing what to whom and on and on. I doubt that Todd wanted his feelings spread all over the forum. Those topics should be on a person's personal blog and we should stick to SCAL related topics. So for now, until we get back on track, I'll be saying goodby also.
I whole heartedly disagree. This forum is a community because of the day to day things that are shared on here. It helps to get a sense of who the person actually is and I like when people are willing to share and open up on here. As for Todd, I cannot imagine anyone having just cause to treat him in such an awful way. I have always found Todd to be extremely helpful and talented. Although I do not know his reasons for being away lately, I do miss his contributions and his humor and hope that he finds his way back one day. Just my opinion.
Heather
DanaPersonalTouch

Post by DanaPersonalTouch »

OMG'sh! I personally owe Todd (yes, THAT Todd) alot of Thanks! I came to Craft Edge not knowing anything- Totally a newbie and he reached out to me and has ALWAYS helped me {and tons} of other people. You've taught me some much
-about how to use the software and create beautiful files that sucessfully cut! I've enhanced my childrens scrapbooks, created awesome gifts and even have a sucessful business out of it.

There is so much talent out their are no reason to be selfish. Files are created to share- and really anyhing can be copied off the web.

Todd you are not alone- I've also been slammed and I now reluctantly participate in the forum because my feelings were hurt as well. People: Everyone is fighting some kind of battle- be kind with your words and don't say something via the forum that you wouldn't say to someone's face.

I am always willing to help or share anything I can. Which is really why these forums are created! To help others and for all of us to succeed.

Play nice....
willow

Post by willow »

I'm new here and have learned alot from Tod(not that Tod) posts, would also like to see his return. Just wanted to say to all you generous people thank you for all your tutorials and your time to a newbie.

Willow
kkrewtea

Post by kkrewtea »

If it wasn't for Todd I wouldn't know half the stuff I know about SCAL! We love you Todd!

Shirl
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Well I guess I'm one guilty of straying off topic so from now on I will just come in and share any file I design and keep my mouth shut. Sorry Lindamac if I'm one of the ones you are speaking of :oops:
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I have been a bit concerned that maybe people don't like my posts...like when I waste their time to look at a ...
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

But, lol, darn it, Sweetness, sometimes you just crack me up...and I gotta share that joy :)

Maybe we should ask for an off topic topic..lol

Also, I sure hope I never sounded short with Todd...I checked all my pm's and I don't think so, but somehow I feel guilty that he is not here anymore. That's is my ego I guess...saying to myself it is all my fault...but, if it was me...
TODD, I did NOT mean it....I am sorry to anyone I sounded short with...I'm sorry.
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

Sweetness4713 wrote:Well I guess I'm one guilty of straying off topic so from now on I will just come in and share any file I design and keep my mouth shut. Sorry Lindamac if I'm one of the ones you are speaking of :oops:
Sweetness... really? I think this board REALLY stays on track. And so what if it occassionally goes off track... that is what people do, they communiciate. Sweetness... don't you feel guilty ONE bit!
janekinso

Post by janekinso »

I think that most of us enjoy the banter and the humour. If that were not so, there would be fewer participants on this board. It's fun to occasionally share things that are not "on topic".
jane
Creativity is a continual surprise.--Ray Bradbury

Silver Bullet 13, SCAL 4.038, Win7 64 bit
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I wouldn't fret (PA Dutch word) about it personally. It is part of what brings out the personality. I prefer to be able to connect somehow. All work (not that SCAL is work) and no play makes one (I forget the rest).
Sandy in PA