Pen/Tablet, anyne use one?

For your help and questions
ChristineH

Pen/Tablet, anyne use one?

Post by ChristineH »

I was wondering if you could use one of the pen/tablets out there to draw in inkscape? I see they have several different brands like bamboo, Ive never used one but if we could use them to trace in inkscape that would be sooo much easier then trying to use the mouse
alexan44

Re: Pen/Tablet, anyne use one?

Post by alexan44 »

I've used Wacom for many years now and am thrilled with my tablet.

Liz :D
kruemel

Post by kruemel »

I use an AiptekTablet and can use it in Inkscape. It´s also possible to open the saved images in SCA. Wasn´t able to cut it yet, so I can´t tell you what the cuts look like. But it works and I am so happy to have a tablet! Hubby gave it to me as a christmas gift - I even never asked for it!
susibi

Post by susibi »

Sorry - I'm a little confused - you don't need to draw to trace in Inkscape. You use the Path>trace bitmap command. Whether you use a mouse or a drawing tablet is irrelevant.
If you want to draw using the freehand tool then yes, using a tablet and pen is easier as it gives you more control.
Susibi :D
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

My sweet husband bought me Intuos 3 yesterday. I am fairly capable in some of the graphics programs. I have designed and sewed several embroydery designes that turned out (have been told) fairly good and was hoping I could use this in Inkscape. I also do digital scrapbooking making my own mask, pings etc. I haven't installed any of the software yet, still trying to figure out just what I bought. There was absolutly no paper instructions, and the website isn't much help. Sooo???? If there are any ideas on this one would be great. Know it works on Corals Painter and Adobe ??? but other then that I have no clue.
;) Clueless Grammy
susibi

Post by susibi »

Lucky you - that's a nice tablet. I have a rather old very cheapy Trust that works on most of the graphics programs I use so I'm sure yours will too.
ChristineH

Post by ChristineH »

susibi wrote:Sorry - I'm a little confused - you don't need to draw to trace in Inkscape. You use the Path>trace bitmap command. Whether you use a mouse or a drawing tablet is irrelevant.
If you want to draw using the freehand tool then yes, using a tablet and pen is easier as it gives you more control.
omg! I didnt know that, wow does that make my life easier, THANK YoU for posting that!