Cardstock for Boxes etc See Baby Carriage

For your help and questions
ncborn

Cardstock for Boxes etc See Baby Carriage

Post by ncborn »

What Cardstock do you use for boxes etc? I have just tried a few and they are so flimsy. I think they need to be much thicker and I prefer the pattern type but it really seems flimsy in most cases. This carriage I made for my Granddaughters baby shower and I really had to try all sorts of things especially to get the wheels sturdy enough to stand. I made 6 of them and wow what a job but everyone just loved them. They were placed in the center of tables and bouquet of balloons were attached to them. Also were filled with small bottles of baby shampoo, lotion etc.
The Carriage was designed by Sue Berker but I looked everywhere for svg file and could not find so I had to create the svg myself and her measurements were too small for what I needed so had to create another size file. Anyway What Cardstock do you experienced box makes use so the boxes are sturdy? Thanks again for everyone's help on this forum. all of you are Super!
Attachments
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg (74.31 KiB) Viewed 4145 times
NCBORN
Brenda E
My Blog http://creativefunconnection.blogspot.com/

Have Canon PS A2200, Windows 7, PSE 10, Cricut Expression, SCAL 2.043, Corel Draw 11, Inkscape 0.48.2, Serif Digital Scrap Artist 2
jrichards

Re: Cardstock for Boxes etc See Baby Carriage

Post by jrichards »

I either cut two and glue them together or use a cereal box. Those cut well but be sure the printing is on the inside. I use my Colorartz Fabric airbrush kit to paint them but I have also cut a second one of cardstock/scrapbook paper to cover it.
Jan
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

How cute. They are adorable.
Sandy in PA
cardmkrLeslie

Post by cardmkrLeslie »

I find good results with 110 lb cardstock
stuartcalls

Post by stuartcalls »

yes, I use true 110lb weight, stampin up has a nice 80lb weight that is nice, too. Michaels has artist paper that you can cut down to fit your mat and that is nice too.
janekinso

Post by janekinso »

:) Love those carriages.
jane
Creativity is a continual surprise.--Ray Bradbury

Silver Bullet 13, SCAL 4.038, Win7 64 bit
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

love the carriages also. i would love to have the pattern file since i am going to be a grandmother in Oct. I better start preparing. ;)
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
happy2scrap56

Post by happy2scrap56 »

Denise made a cute wagon /carraige type in svg,I love how they came out. You would have to add a top to make it more carrage looking.
check hers out here..http://dscrapbookingroom.blogspot.com/