"Other Cutters"

For your help and questions
kelsie94

"Other Cutters"

Post by kelsie94 »

Craftedge site states the program will work with the Cricut and 'other cutters'. Other cutters include Silhouette and Wishblade. They are currently testing eCraft.

Does anyone know if the Gazelle will be included in the testing too? They (Bosskut) have a fantastic deal going on right now and I would love to get in on that deal but ONLY if it's gonna work with SCAL!

I hope Craftedge tests their program with way way more cutters and SOON but unfortunately, I have a feeling we'll be missing the boat on this sale :cry:
lylacfey

Re: "Other Cutters"

Post by lylacfey »

Yes, the Gazelle does work with SCAL. I have a Gazelle and already tried it with SCAL the day the Robo cutting feature came out. There are some features missing but it worked fine. I do hope Todd includes future updates to go with the Gazelle to make it more powerful.
crafty too

Post by crafty too »

I have a Cricut E and a Craft Robo. I gave up on my Robo because I could never successfully use Robomaster. Then I bought an Expression because of SCAL. The lawsuit has me concerned at this moment and I might start looking for other options for a 12" cutter. In the meantime, have I heard right? Can I use SCAL for Robo? I have version 2.013 and hundreds of .gsd files in my computer.
Could somebody please let me know? Maybe my Robo can stop collecting dust and be used again.
Thanks,
Yamilka
lylacfey

Post by lylacfey »

Yamilka- Your name is so pretty. Yes, you can use your Robo in SCAL. Upgrade to the newest version. Go to the download page and grab 2.041. In that version you have an 8x11 mat. Makes cutting with the Robo machines so much easier.

All you have to do when cutting is select Cut with CraftRobo in the cutter menu and you should be ready to go. In preferences you can set up your cut lines, etc... That is in preferences-cutter tab.

I hope I wasn't too confusing. I think somebody posted a tutorial or screen shots awhile back. I can't remember who or where.
cassiesmom1

Post by cassiesmom1 »

What if those of us that have the driver just copy that part of the software and just give it to anyone that wants it? I have no problem with that and I don't think that anyone can get in trouble if we're not selling it. If anyone can tell me how to find the driver part of the software I'll be happy to spread it around. I might just be able to find in myself in the program files.