Layers?

For your help and questions
AnointedHands

Re: Layers?

Post by AnointedHands »

Laurieinaz wrote:But that's my point. It's not working. When I point the cursor to the letter I want to change, it selects the entire word. How can I get it to select just the individual letter? I did make them individually, so I logically, I should be able to get back to them individually.
Sorry didn't know they were grouped...just select the group (as long as you haven't used Object to Path), right mouse click and click on Ungroup.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
Laurieinaz

Post by Laurieinaz »

I have used object to path already because I had already imported the title to SCAL before realizing I needed to make a change. Is there a way to undo that and then deselect? (I never used the group/ungroup feature).
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

Laurieinaz wrote:I have used object to path already because I had already imported the title to SCAL before realizing I needed to make a change. Is there a way to undo that and then deselect? (I never used the group/ungroup feature).
Since you have already use the Object to Path, it has been made an object with nodes and they are hard to work with at first. You would have to start over. Make sure everything is as you want it before you do Object to Path
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

What are layers? Why do you want them and what do you do with them?

Thanks!
Laurieinaz

Post by Laurieinaz »

Thanks for the help. I gave up and started over. If you want to see what I made, it's in the design forum.. Called FUN IN THE SUN.

As for wreed06's question: what are layers? I guess I have no idea. I thought I would be able to use them for mats, but apparently not. It's all one grand experiment, isn't it?
susibi

Post by susibi »

If you make a mistake click on the undo button in the top tool bar and retrace your steps.
I'd explain layers like this: imagine you have a pad of tracing paper and you want to draw a car: one the first page you draw the outline, on the second page the doors and the third page your wheels. When you put the pages back in sequence you can see your complete drawing but if you want to edit the wheels you have to go to the page ( or layer) on which you drew them. Graphics program use layers like this - a template can be made up of many layers, which makes it easy to edit. There's no need to go there though unless you use Photoshop, Xara, Paint Shop Pro etc I've never used layers in Inkscape.
I make my templates on one page, resize them all together if I'm making a title with a mat, then cut and paste each one onto a clean page before saving each file separately. if you resize before you save they will be in proportion when you open them in SCAL
HTH
Susibi :D