christine154

omg Provo Craft has sued Craft Edge

Post by christine154 »

what will we all do ?????? P C will lose a lot of customers i should think

http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2011/03/ ... iolations/
Rachell

Re: omg Provo Craft has sued Craft Edge

Post by Rachell »

I posted this on here the other day and they delted the post . I felt they were just trying to keep the members here in the dark and not once did i recieve and email as to why my post was delted
scrpbooklady

Post by scrpbooklady »

I don't know why the post was deleted but I would imagine it might be out of concern for the negativity and bashing that occurs on some forums - not something that they probably want happening with all of this going on.
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

shame on PC.
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Don't know what the comment was, but I'd say we have be careful in stating things when there is legal action going on, that we are not speaking for the company as if we know fact or have opinion.

Why Provocraft can force people to pay for one font at a time on a cartridge when it's obviously possible to just use any font on a computer is very sad. It's the same feeling of taking a family of five to the movies and having to pay more for the popcorn than for the movie, yet you aren't supposed to bring in outside food. Same at parks and ballparks. Why make it hard on people intentionally when you are already spinning a huge profit?
Last edited by Maggie on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cortanteemu

Post by cortanteemu »

They have already sued Make the Cut and one. I would think that Sure Cuts A lot is not breaking any laws though. I hope so anyway. I know Make The Cut had something in the software that infringed on copy right laws for PC.

That being said what other good cutting machines are out there? Has anyone tried them?
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

I hope Craft Edge thinks about litigation for "Cricut Craft Room" Obviously nothing but a SCAL knock off. PC won't get another dime from me. I'll buy an Ecraft when they get the bugs with SCAL worked out. Hear that Ecraft? The possibility of be making ALOT of money from Disgruntled Cricut owners, is huge.
Maybe we should all plan on selling our cricuts on ebay and then PC will take a big hit... :evil:
lynne

Post by lynne »

Maggie wrote:Don't know what the comment was, but I'd say we have be careful in stating things when there is legal action going on, that we are not speaking for the company as if we know fact or have opinion.

Why CraftEdge can force people to pay for one font at a time on a cartridge when it's obviously possible to just use any font on a computer is very sad. It's the same feeling of taking a family of five to the movies and having to pay more for the popcorn than for the movie, yet you aren't supposed to bring in outside food. Same at parks and ballparks. Why make it hard on people intentionally when you are already spinning a huge profit?

Yes we do need to be very careful and comments like this
Why CraftEdge can force people to pay for one font at a time on a cartridge
even though it is obviously a mistake and am assuming you meant Provocraft, is almost certainly the reason why the comment was deleted
Lynne
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

I'm going to guess that CE's lawyers have told them to keep the topic off the boards. I suspect this topic will disappear soon, too.

- Jasen.
cropgal

Post by cropgal »

cortanteemu wrote:They have already sued Make the Cut and one. I would think that Sure Cuts A lot is not breaking any laws though. I hope so anyway. I know Make The Cut had something in the software that infringed on copy right laws for PC.

That being said what other good cutting machines are out there? Has anyone tried them?

PC did not "WIN"....MTC settled out of court. That does not mean that MTC was right or wrong only that they didn't have the funds and/or time etc to go through a long battle. I see the FCC ruled that jailbreaking an IPhone to use with other providers and aps is NOT against the law so I don't see how this software issue is really any different.