SCAL2 with Windows 7

For your help and questions
tja1123

SCAL2 with Windows 7

Post by tja1123 »

HELP!!! I have updated latest beta version 2.041 and still no luck cutting. I have a Cricut Personal cutter and brand new laptop running Win7. I am currently designing on the laptop and saving to a flashdrive and then going to my very old desktop to cut.

Can anyone help???
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: SCAL2 with Windows 7

Post by HeatherM »

Try setting your preferences to do a connection check. If it doesn't connect when you try to cut, you will need to refresh it until it does. This is found in the Edit/Preferences/Cutter tab. With this setting you will need to click the cut in the connection check box once it has a connection. HTH

Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Are you sure that you have entered the correct code? I entered the wrong validation code when I was trying to make this switch and after about four attempts of numbers, finally figured out I still had the wrong number.
tja1123

Post by tja1123 »

HeatherM wrote:Try setting your preferences to do a connection check. If it doesn't connect when you try to cut, you will need to refresh it until it does. This is found in the Edit/Preferences/Cutter tab. With this setting you will need to click the cut in the connection check box once it has a connection. HTH

I did this and it worked once. The second (and 3rd and 4th, etc) attempts hung up after the connection test was good and I clicked "start cutting" from the connection test box. I was able to see connection errors and click "refresh" and the errors cleared to show the mat loaded, cartridge, and firmware version.
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

tja1123 wrote:HELP!!! I have updated latest beta version 2.041 and still no luck cutting. I have a Cricut Personal cutter and brand new laptop running Win7. I am currently designing on the laptop and saving to a flashdrive and then going to my very old desktop to cut.

Can anyone help???
Unfortunately I have the same problem. I have a older personal Cricut machine and a Toshiba laptop running on Windows 7 (64 bit). I've never been able to get SCAL to cut after the first time. CE wasn't able to help so I gave up trying to use my 64 bit computer.

I am now using SCAL on a older Sony laptop running on Vista and it cuts fine. There seems to be a conflict with the original personal cricut machines and using scal on some Win 7 - 64 bit computers. The Win 7 32 bit computers seem to be ok.
tja1123

Post by tja1123 »

Do you know if the same problem exists for the newer Cricuts?? I have been thinking about getting the new expression so I can do some wall art.

Thanks - it's good to know I am not crazy.
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

tja1123 wrote:Do you know if the same problem exists for the newer Cricuts?? I have been thinking about getting the new expression so I can do some wall art.

Thanks - it's good to know I am not crazy.
I would hold off buying another Cricut machine until the lawsuit of Provocraft vs Craftedge is settled. Since MTC lost the suit, it's uncertain what will happen with SCAL software and Cricut products. I've been looking at ECraft machines and thinking of selling my Cricut stuff on Craigslist.
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

i have a laptop-64 b and a mini 32b. i have no trouble at all. try left clicking on the SCAL icon, click on properties, click on the compatibility tab and choose windows vista or older version. hope that helps.

by the way, im also considering getting rid of the cricut if they make SCAL incompatible. Sticking my tongue out at PC. Praying for Todd.
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10