Has anyone had this happen?

For your help and questions
askmom
Location: PA; Mac snow Leopard V 10.6.4, SCAL 2, Inkscape V 0.48

Has anyone had this happen?

Post by askmom »

When I hit cut my Cricut starts to go backwards. It basically unwinds the mat a little bit and then starts to cut. This causes it to start catting on the top edge of the mat. From there it just gets all messed up in the Cricut and I have to cancel. Has anyone had this happen before? When I cut from a cart it seems fine???
talanhart

Re: Has anyone had this happen?

Post by talanhart »

You might try turning your computer off and letting it sit for a minute and then start over.
Todd
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Never. . . that would be AWFUL. . . oh please...I hope that never happens!
scrpbooklady

Post by scrpbooklady »

Nope - never happened to me (knocking on wood here). I have had some strange noises from my machine and have worried that is on it's last legs. Then it seems fine so don't know what the noise is all about.
askmom

Post by askmom »

Grr!! So many issues lately. I did turn SCAL off and the Cricut. Turned them back on and it seemed to work... for about 20 minutes. Now it's doing it again. Of course, I have about a million things to cut this week. In the middle of doing baby hanger tags for my SIL's baby shower this weekend :cry:
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Are you cutting the same file over and over again? Two weeks ago, I had problems when I tried to cut the same file 5 times in a row. Machine started making noises and SCAL wouldn't finish the cut. To get it to work, I just opened it as a new project each time.
Todd
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I was just thinking if the machine "unload" button were not pushed and another mat was loaded or put in place and the scissors hit...it would maybe go through the unload backward movement and then begin to cut forward.

I would do that reset thing with the cutter to get the blade housing back in proper position.
askmom

Post by askmom »

Gj1: I was hitting unload but it was doing what you are describing. First going backwards and then forward. So dumb question but what is the reset button on the Cricut??
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I just bumped a thread for you. The last post has directions for resetting your machine.
Todd
askmom

Post by askmom »

Thanks!!