Can't see the .svg files in the Design part of this forum

For your help and questions
DeDe15

Can't see the .svg files in the Design part of this forum

Post by DeDe15 »

Hi!
Maybe someone can help me with this. I enjoy looking at what everyone's cut/developed. If someone adds a photo of their project in the Design forum, my computer recognizes it and pulls it up. If someone just lists a link to an .svg file with no photo, the computer tries to connect to it/pull it up, but gives me an error message that it doesn't recognize the file extension.

Is there something missing on my computer? Or can everyone try to add a photo of their project? That way, I don't have to download the file, then pull it up in SCAL, then decide if it's something I could use.

Help/comments would be appreciated, in case I'm overlooking something. Thanks!
Denise
jancy

Re: Can't see the .svg files in the Design part of this forum

Post by jancy »

you should be able to change your settings on your computer so that you can select which program to open it with.
DeDe15

Post by DeDe15 »

Jancy-
Tried to look at your slice of summer file. Clicked on it and a window pops up... "find", "save" or "cancel" are my options. When I click on "find", this is the message I get, in a totally different screen with a blue banner at the top:

Windows has the following information about this file type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

File Type: Unknown

Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.

You may search the following Web site for related software and information:

Windows Live Search
You may purchase or download software related to this file type from the following Web site:

Windows Marketplace

Have questions? See these Frequently Asked Questions.

If I click on Windows Live Search, it brings me to a million sites that want to fix my registry (scary!) relating to .svg files. Yet I've already downloaded the scroll border and could pull it up in SCAL software (have not tried to cut yet.) Do I have to do that every time??? Would much rather see a picture so that I know if it's for me or not.

Thanks!
Denise
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

DeDe15 wrote:Hi!
Maybe someone can help me with this. I enjoy looking at what everyone's cut/developed. If someone adds a photo of their project in the Design forum, my computer recognizes it and pulls it up. If someone just lists a link to an .svg file with no photo, the computer tries to connect to it/pull it up, but gives me an error message that it doesn't recognize the file extension.

Is there something missing on my computer? Or can everyone try to add a photo of their project? That way, I don't have to download the file, then pull it up in SCAL, then decide if it's something I could use.

Help/comments would be appreciated, in case I'm overlooking something. Thanks!
Denise
Do you have Inkscape installed on your computer? If not, you will need to save the file and then import (File>Import) it into SCAL
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
jancy

Post by jancy »

AH has a good thought.

what happens when you right click it? you should be able to pull up a list of programs somehow.

if you just want to see the slice of summer file, there is a picture of it in this post:

http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=124
DeDe15

Post by DeDe15 »

Thanks... have to go now but will try some of this later. Cute "slice of summer"!! Thanks again--
Denise