Hello

For your help and questions
shellieh

Re: Hello

Post by shellieh »

ok, you can convert your GSD files! BUT you need to be somewhat of a techie to do it. If you have a draw program-- corel draw, adobe illustrator, or inkscape. Inkscape is free, and I put a link in the yahoo group, someone else posted it here.

You also need Adobe PDF professional. Not the free one, you need the one that can change the files. Basically, here are the steps to convert if you have these programs.

1) open your gsd and click on the output settings button (the one that looks like a wrench)
2) click on the printer arrow button and select Adobe PDF
3) click the print settings button and make sure to check on the Print Cut Lines, hit OK
4) click Print. It'll open up an Output to Printer window and click OK. This will produce a pdf file. save it.
5) open the pdf file in Adobe Illustrator. (or corel draw, or inkscape) The vector lines should be there automatically.
6) When you open it, you will see the vector lines, go to the menu at the top, the 3rd or 4 option from the left, can't remember, you click on it, and then click expand.
7) Now save your file as a svg.

these are for illustrator, I am not sure about the expand button et all in inkscape or corel, as I don't have those programs, but it has to be something similar.

one of the girls was just saving, and when she opened it up in sca, it was blank, that is because you must hit the expand button in illustrator.
Hope that helps!!

also, if you have dxf files, you can just straight convert it to svg.
Fun scrapbook kits! no subs. http://www.scrappinfun.com
Come see me at my blog. http://shellieh98.blogspot.com
Crafty Chelle

Post by Crafty Chelle »

I totally understood the first instructions (I'm a techie). Whoo hooo! I also have a graphics tablet so tracing will be a breeze! OMG I'm SO excited...hurry up and come Monday...LOL!
Crafty Chelle

Post by Crafty Chelle »

Sboz...I forgot to say. LOVE what you created and thanks for showing it!!