(Error) v.2.030 Personal Cutter Cricut

For your help and questions
Mogri

(Error) v.2.030 Personal Cutter Cricut

Post by Mogri »

Hello all,

I've been trying to fix this error that I've been having for a couple of days. I read that it may be an error with the version. I downloaded from craftedge the link that said it was v.2.012, but when I open it, it says it is 2.030. My issue is that sometimes my Personal Cutter will cut with SCAL, but most of the time it won't. More often than not it fails to cut after the second attempt and my program crashes saying that it has an encountered an error and needs to close. I have the v.1.34 firmware and everything else is updated and working... I just don't know why it keeps crashing. My laptop has 4gb of RAM.

Any help would be very appreciated!
am92906

Re: (Error) v.2.030 Personal Cutter Cricut

Post by am92906 »

HI, I have been having the exact same problem. I thought I was the only one. I have tried resetting my cricut and everything but, nothing seems to be working. I hope we can get this problem fixed because it's really annoying!!!!
psandi1153
Location: Calif., Windows Vista, SCAL2 2.030, Inkscape 0.48, Cricut Design Studio

Post by psandi1153 »

I, too, have been having the same problem. Had SCAL ver. 1.xxx which was working just fine on my Cricut Personnel Cutter. Firmware up to date.
Upgraded to SCAL2 and have downloaded several versions starting with 2.012 to 2.029, now 2.030 and I keep getting the error message "Sure Cuts A Lot 2 has stopped working".
Several e-mails to support@craftedge has not helped! I have uninstalled, reinstalled, changed compatibility to Windows XP per instructed and still nothing.
The program doesn't even open.
Glad to hear I am not the only one, but upset for all of us who have been dealing with this problem!
Any help would be greatly appreciated and if I hear anything from the support team, I will certainly pass it on.
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

I have not been able to fix it yet and support has not been able to, either. It's not their fault as they have helped me in a timely manner, but I have stopped getting responses from them as well. I just want to let everyone experiencing this problem know that they aren't the only ones since I thought I had a faulty Cricut machine. There is most likely a bug with the software and after some more tests I will repost.

If any of you have any unique errors, that would be helpful to put up... For instance, my main problem seems to be that my Cricut machine will say "USB Active..." when it's supposed to be cutting, but it won't cut and then the program will freeze and the "USB Active..." words on the LCD screen default back to the main Cricut text when you open it.
allierae

Post by allierae »

Do you have Windows 7 or some other version of software? I can't get mine to work with Windows 7 - CraftEdge tried to help me but nothing worked and they eventually just stopped writing back.
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

Allierae, they tried to help me but stopped writing as well. I have Windows 7, but that shouldn't be the problem as on the Products page they say that the system requirements are: "Pentium processor-based PC or compatible computer (Windows), Windows XP/Vista/7 (Windows)." However, if there is anyone out there with a working SCAL2 with Windows 7, it would be nice if they could post here to disprove the theory.

Update** -- Allierae, I read your other thread and decided to try my Personal Cutter with Windows XP (SP2) and SCAL2 worked perfectly. I had problems at first, but that was because I connected the Cricut through a HUB. After I connected it directly to the computer it worked. Thanks for the suggestion! Craft Edge definitely needs to fix compatibility issues with Windows 7, though.
hope9811

Post by hope9811 »

I'm using windows 7 and have this exact same error. Anyone know how to fix it yet?
ncborn

Post by ncborn »

Just my 2 cents but please go to the topic BUGS and check out others having problems. I think there are suggestions to go back and download an older version of SCAL 2 but under that topic you will see directions on how to do this or maybe you will find someone having same problems and some suggestions how to fix. I think that is what I did and currently I am not having any problems with SCAL 2. I am however having problems with newer version of Inkscape. Good Luck
NCBORN
Brenda E
My Blog http://creativefunconnection.blogspot.com/

Have Canon PS A2200, Windows 7, PSE 10, Cricut Expression, SCAL 2.043, Corel Draw 11, Inkscape 0.48.2, Serif Digital Scrap Artist 2
alliellis

Post by alliellis »

I have windows 7 and have been experiencing all these problems on 2.030. Today I went back to reinstall the firmware from my Cricut Design Studio and that seems to have done the trick. Don't know why, it has only installed the same version of the firmware! It's a mystery
Allison

SCAL 2.012, INKSCAPE, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, WINDOWS 7. Sizzix eclips, ECAL

http://www.craftoutloud.co.uk
craftsbyalli.blogspot.com
bob proulx

Post by bob proulx »

I had very few problems until I tried to upgrade and it did not let me since then I get the error message every once in a while. I now run it under administrator and it seems to help.
Bob
proulxglassdesigns.com