Applefamily

USB Driver install error **Solved**

Post by Applefamily »

A note pad document was outputted to my desktop here is its contents:
Install USB Driver
App: dpinst64.exe
Cmd: dpinst64.exe
Err: 183
Dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Craft Edge\Sure Cuts A Lot 2\CDM 2.06.00 WHQL Certified
My system is:
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Last edited by Applefamily on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicolegregg

Re: USB Driver install error

Post by nicolegregg »

Did you ever get a solution to this error? I am having the same issue now...BOOO! Thanks
Applefamily

Post by Applefamily »

nicolegregg wrote:Did you ever get a solution to this error? I am having the same issue now...BOOO! Thanks
No and I have not spent much time trying yet either. I have it working on my other PC for now if needed. Looks Like I will need to contact Craft Edge soon.
Applefamily

Post by Applefamily »

I have the solution from Craft Edge

Right click the application and choose Run as Administrator
Then Install USB Driver

Confirmed It worked!
nicolegregg

Post by nicolegregg »

Applefamily wrote:
nicolegregg wrote:Did you ever get a solution to this error? I am having the same issue now...BOOO! Thanks
No and I have not spent much time trying yet either. I have it working on my other PC for now if needed. Looks Like I will need to contact Craft Edge soon.

Yeah I have done that and I keep getting the same response, update driver...it won't find it so that I can update it...sooo frustrating! I cannot find a phone number to contact them only email....there has to be a phone number so that I can speak with a live person...I hope anyways.

If I get a solution I will let you know...I will not give up! :)

Nicole
Applefamily

Post by Applefamily »

nicolegregg wrote:
Applefamily wrote:

Yeah I have done that and I keep getting the same response, update driver...it won't find it so that I can update it...sooo frustrating! I cannot find a phone number to contact them only email....there has to be a phone number so that I can speak with a live person...I hope anyways.

If I get a solution I will let you know...I will not give up! :)

Nicole

See Above..

I have the solution from Craft Edge

Right click the application and choose Run as Administrator
Then Install USB Driver

Confirmed It worked!
hope9811

Re: USB Driver install error **Solved**

Post by hope9811 »

This is a cricut issue....cricut has not updated their drivers to be compatible with windows 7 yet. It seems to only be an issue with those using windows 7 on a 64 bit computer. Here is a link that will fix the problem for you. It worked on two of my friends computers with this same issue. Good luck!

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=6784383

Heidi
ashleeboren

Post by ashleeboren »

you are amazing! I love you! I have just spent the last hour trying to find help! Thank you thank you thank you- i was startingto regret buying this program but you saved me and made my year! thank you ashlee
susiecm3

Post by susiecm3 »

thank you for this, was having driver error now all sorted :D
HP laptop running vista, scal 2.011 , service pack 2, 3gb ram and a cricut expression