Printing entire design on a single page of paper

For your help and questions
kentsor

Printing entire design on a single page of paper

Post by kentsor »

Using SCAL on a Mac, I'd like to have a regular paper printout of an arbitrary design, arbitrary size and shape automatically scaled to fit on a single piece of paper. I do vinyl cutting and have no problem with that part, but I want to have a reference printout on paper.

As far as I can see SCAL 5 insists on printing full size, even on paper. I am not talking about the CUTTING part of the program, I'm talking about the boring old print to a printer functionality.

The page setup dialog has a scale box which seems to have no effect, I have tried entering 25% but that has no effect on what is printed. I have selected one page in the Print dialog/Layout option. I have also selected "Scale to fit paper size" in Print/Paper Handling.

It still prints out in full size, a single page with the top corner of the design.

I don't want to modify the design at all, don't want to create a copy where I set the paper size to US legal and manually scale the design down. It really should be possible to get a scaled printout of the design on a single piece of paper.

What am I missing ?
SandyMcC

Re: Printing entire design on a single page of paper

Post by SandyMcC »

I don't recall this ever coming up before but I have a relatively easy way for you to achieve this. Copy and paste your design to a new page in the same project. On the Document Panel turn on Show Print Margins. Highlight your design and drag the bottom right corner of the bounding box to resize the design so that it fits within the printer boundaries shown. Then go to File>Print and print your project.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/