Problems with Cricut Expression and SCAL on Windows 7

For your help and questions
GrammyKrausse

Re: Problems with Cricut Expression and SCAL on Windows 7

Post by GrammyKrausse »

maureenmcn wrote:Well I just downloaded SCAL trial version and connected Expression to my husband's pc running XP Professional service pack 3 and it works perfectly (with the trial cut line of course) so anyone with enough technical knowledge out there with any suggestions?
Might contact Craftedge support. I have no idea on this one. I will look further on Google for some answers.
Grammy
maureenmcn
Location: Devon, UK; Windows 7 64 bit; SCAL2 and 3; Inkscape; Cricut Expression; Silhouette Cameo

Post by maureenmcn »

Thanks Grammy! I have had reply from Support but they just suggested doing all the things I had already tried - I have mailed them again. They did suggest getting a firmware update but my Expression is running v2.31 and I was under impression that Design Studio did not support Win 7 anyway so reluctant to try that.

Maureen
Maureen

GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

maureenmcn wrote:Thanks Grammy! I have had reply from Support but they just suggested doing all the things I had already tried - I have mailed them again. They did suggest getting a firmware update but my Expression is running v2.31 and I was under impression that Design Studio did not support Win 7 anyway so reluctant to try that.

Maureen
I know they (Provo Craft) says that CDS isn't supported by Windows 7 64 bit. I couldn't get it to work on my new Windows 7 but after some research not (provo craft) found out all you have to do is run it in Administrator.

Looking at some of the blogs when the Cricut doesn't load mat is to do a reset on the Cricut. The on off rollers up down method but really don't think that is your problem cause it works fine on your husbands computer with the same machine.

If you ever figure this one out let everyone know on our blog, just in case it comes up again.

I have Windows 7 64 bit with no problems. This is really unusual. Still looking
Grammy
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Grammy

My guess it's the drivers.
Grammy, did you manually install your drivers or did the program install them for you?
Todd
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

talanhart wrote:
Grammy

My guess it's the drivers.

Grammy, did you manually install your drivers or did the program install them for you?
I had a young tech build my computer and install everything I needed, so can't say. It was in December and I will ask him. I have a tendency to kill computers, in two years lost five hard drives on a duel hard drive computer so I wasn't taking any chances. Didn't go with HP again so I hired him to build it from the inside out and he did a wonderful job.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Todd
maureenmcn
Location: Devon, UK; Windows 7 64 bit; SCAL2 and 3; Inkscape; Cricut Expression; Silhouette Cameo

Post by maureenmcn »

Program installed them but then Win 7 updated them. Craft Edge suggested downloading 2.06.02 driver but windows had already updated to this driver. Will take a look at site you found and get back to you.

Thanks

Maureen
Maureen

talanhart

Post by talanhart »

This hasn't been mentioned in awhile.

Do not have any other software running upfront or in the background. SCAL doesn't like any other programs to be running that use USB ports. Cell phones and scanner software have interfered with SCAL. There may be others.
Todd
maureenmcn

Post by maureenmcn »

Checked out site.
Says that some of my USB drivers are out of date but not the USB serial driver. Have only had this pc for 3 weeks! Unfortunately this is a 'pay for' site and I really do not have the money to purchase the software to correct these drivers at the present time.
No other software running in background.

Maureen
Maureen

talanhart

Post by talanhart »

When you plug in your Cricut to your computer, do you get the sound that your computer recognizes that something has been plugged into a USB drive?
Todd