Layering Vinyl...2 colors any tips, tricks or advice??

For your help and questions
Jax

Layering Vinyl...2 colors any tips, tricks or advice??

Post by Jax »

I'm doing a decal that will be white and orange and wanted to get some advice on making it...Here is a picture of what I'm creating for a buddy of mine..the Racing goes underneath so I'm not worried about it just the layering of the orange on top of the white.
Attachments
OCmotoRacing Banner2.jpg
OCmotoRacing Banner2.jpg (113.58 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
If you aren't learning something new everyday you might as well just lie in a grave and wait for death.
Beckie

Re: Layering Vinyl...2 colors any tips, tricks or advice??

Post by Beckie »

my sons says to aspray some water not alot on it before you layer it so it will go down smooth, espically if it is a large area. I know i have done this and it bubbles for me so I tried his way and it worked just squeege it really good. It dries well.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

When creating layers.. draw a rectangle around you font.. and make cut out square corners...do the same thing with your second layer color. Place your one layer on your item (whatever you are attaching the layer on and then matchup the cut out guide boxes (normally in the corners of your item and layer on top...and yes I agree with the water method as well...)
Jax

Post by Jax »

Thank you for the advice...it worked perfectly with the water method...I used a small spray bottle with fine mist and distilled water (I had some and figured it would be better than our tap water)...Worked great and no bubbles..thanks again for the advise.
If you aren't learning something new everyday you might as well just lie in a grave and wait for death.