Am I right in thinking .........

For your help and questions
Nellyphant

Am I right in thinking .........

Post by Nellyphant »

Hello everyone

I found the link for this forum from the Cricut site. I am about to buy SCA;especially after reading some posts on here.

Am I right in thinking then, that anything you trace in Inkscape can be cut out with the Cricut.

I feel very excited if it does!

Thanks
Nic
YahooSeeker [Bot]

Re: Am I right in thinking .........

Post by YahooSeeker [Bot] »

You should be able to import SVG files in SCAL to cut.
kruemel

Post by kruemel »

Was wondering the same thing and asked hubby. He said yes! I hope to have time to play and will show you how it turned out...
Please be patient because we are doing some renovations here and I also have to figure out how to use inkscape...
Nellyphant

Post by Nellyphant »

Now I'm REALLY excited! Basically SCA has turned the Cricut into something as versatile as the CraftRobo or Wishblade etc!

I bought SCA last night and just waiting for my registration code. I'm in the UK so have to wait because of time differences!

Lots to learn on Inkscape but I can't wait!!! LOL

Nic
hbennett

Post by hbennett »

You got it right... anything you can download can be converted into a SVG file or you can make your own TT Font. It really is now as versatile as the others... plus more. With the cartridges, it is still portable. I am so happy!
Laura

Post by Laura »

I have been able to cut anything I can bring up into Inkscape. Now I want to learn more about manipulating files because I'm learning about what makes a good cut and what doesn't...It really is amazing. I
susibi

Post by susibi »

basically the less nodes you have the better the cut.
If you double click on your image you will see how many nodes there are. If necessary before saving as an .svg file you can simplify your outline by going to Path>Simplify or using Ctrl L. In some cases you will lose definition and ruin the image other times you can take off just those few nodes that make a difference.
If you go to File>Inkscape preferences >misc. you can adjust the simplify command to take out more or less nodes.
HTH
Susibi