I STRUCK GOLD!!!

For your help and questions
kiwilotus87

Re: I STRUCK GOLD!!!

Post by kiwilotus87 »

awesome. this site it GREAT. thanks for sharing! love love FONTS!
Funkay Monkay Mamma

Post by Funkay Monkay Mamma »

Sweetness4713 wrote:Check this link out.. I was searching for new and unusual fonts this am and came across this site.. I'm sure someone can use this..LOL

http://www.onlyfreefonts.com/

You are the best! I LOVE fonts and your right, you did strike gold!
I am going to be on there all day just looking. Well, not just looking, I will be
downloading too. LOL!

TFS as always!
scrappindeb

Post by scrappindeb »

TheresaTT wrote:that is cool. i need to figure out how to manage my fonts first. i have lots and my son suggested a free font manager but i still haven't tried it and don't really understand how it would work - to bring one out and use it then put it back.???
First of all, thankyou so much for this site! I can add many of the new fonts to my font folder.
This is what I do. I download the fonts I want from whatever site I use. Then I either unzip them if they are a zip file or just have the TTF file on the desktop. Then I have a Fonts File on the desktop that I open. In this file, I have folders for Children, Halloween, Christmas, Fonts, etc. Now I slide the TTF file into the Folder within my Font File. I do this right on the desktop. It takes literally seconds.
When I want to use a file on SCAL2, I also open this Font File and go thru the fonts I have, click on the one I want. It shows me a sample of this file. Leave the sample open, and then open the SCAL2 file. If you go down your list of fonts on SCAL2, it should now be in there to use (but not installed on your computer). (You also can click the refresh button which is the curvy arrow, and this refreshes the fonts to include the one you have open to use.) This way it saves your computer resources. When you are done, just close the sample and its off the SCAL2. You can also do this to just type journaling in your word program using the new font without installing it.
I have many, many fonts but I do not install them anymore.
Hope this helps you in managing your fonts. You really don't even need a font manager.
I have two but I hardly even go in them anymore. ;)
Scrappindeb

Have SCAL 2.044, Cricut Expression